Shortly after performing an exercise at his high school, Chase collapsed. His heart had stopped. Those attending to him noticed his lips and ears were turning blue and that he wasn’t breathing and started CPR. His heart was shocked several times by rescue personal who quickly arrived at the scene. He was rushed to the ER at Integris Health Edmond and later transferred to the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit at Children’s OU Medical Center. He is currently on a ventilator and is being kept sedated until his body can stabilize and doctor’s can continue to evaluate him.