hello everyone my name is Samuel Oliver Van-Lane also known as poizen22 in elite dangerous. I was a long time member of 13th legion, and just recently formed a group called "Black Lance mercenaries". Here is my story...
"the night of Monday the 18th if September I was going to bed after spending some time grinding some crédits with Air sucker (one if the leaders of the pvp group nomads) I decided to finally hit the sack as it was quite late. Little did I know what was about to happen in only 4 hours from that time. At about 9 am I was awoken to a strange beeping noise in the house. I got out if bed went down stairs and realized it was coming from the basement. I also happened to smell smoke so I approached the basement door with caution. I put my hand on the door handle to check for heat on the other side saw it was cold so I decided to enter. When I got to the bottom of the stairs I happened to see that the couch and wall was on fire. I immediately went into Instinct mode and ran to my laundry room, I found 3 mop buckets and 3 construction buckets (I used to install ceramic) I immediately began filling them with water. When I returned the fire had spread more along the wall. I used the water to cut off the spread of the fire dumping bucket after bucket (I had 6 of them) when I ran out of water I ran back and fourth until I was able to douse the center of the fire. Smoke was pouring out everywhere I could no longer see or felt safe so I returned upstairs grabbed my two dogs and evacuated the house. I immediately called 911 and the fire department arrived in minutes while I waited in my front yard in nothing but my underpants. The fire team entered the house and came out several minutes later. They informed me I managed to contain the fire enough for them to be able to finish the rest. I was immediately sent to hospital as I was covered in sutt and cianyde exposure to was a concern. I spent 8 hours in hospital on 100% oxygen until the 11% C02 to oxygen ratio in my blood was returned to a normal 0.5%"
In the days that followed we found out we had lost everything to smoke damage as the couch that burnt was polyethylene and was toxic. We have yet been able to find a permanent place to stay while everything is being assessed and repaired as every hotel in the city of Ottawa has been overbooked due to charity research fundraisers in the city for the next few weeks. We have been living without accommodation out of my santa fe SUV and quickly ran out of money as everything we ate paying is out of pocket until the insurance is settled in a month or so. I am recently unemployed and my fiancé works at a preschool as an assistant teacher so we did not have much money to begin with. We have had to purchase clothes food, toiletries such a tooth paste shampoo, soap. We have to feed ourselves everyday and are spending an insane ammount on gas. In a single week we are essentially broke with another 3 weeks or more ahead of us.
Please support Poizen22,and his newly formed family.
He is a big part of our PVP community, so lets come together as one and prove to the whole Elite Dangerous community thats our PVP Community is willing to help our friends in need , dispite our differnences we might have in game.
We are all part of one beautiful race , the human race. Lets help our fellow human in need!
News link: http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/resident-suffers-smoke-inhalation-after-basement-fire-in-fisher-glen-area
DonationsSee top donations
- Miranda B
- Drew Medina
- CMDR Monguce
- Matthew Teismann
- CMDR K3Z1A
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more