After realizing that it looks like I will never get to our goal of $9,000, I have decided that I need to just worry about getting the existing addition roofs repaired and reroofed with metal roofing (due to the pitch being so low, shingles will not work) and just putting up a 10 x 10 kennel with a roof and drape screen over the outside of the kennel fencing. That way, I have one kennel for one larger dog at a time that will be sheltered from the bugs and hopefully any critters that might wander up close and personal. I really wanted to do the larger area so we would have sufficient kennels and I could actually hold several dogs at a time, but that doesn't look like it will happen now.
I don't have enough contacts in the social networking world and I even tried boosting the post on facebook and it resulted in no donations at all.
We are about half way there now, so please if you can donate, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again to our friends who didn't flinch on helping and jumped right in as always.
Kate and the Crew at the Canine Connection