Bushfire Disaster Fund for Community Pharmacists in Affected Regions in Australia
It's not easy to watch on helplessly whilst we see communities being wiped out by the horrific bushfires affecting Australia. We need your help to pass the bucket around so community pharmacists can continue to serve their local communities.
Inspired by the self-less spirit of fellow Community Pharmacists who are facing the horrific fires with their communities, this fundraiser is just a 21st Century way of passing the bucket around the Aussie way.
At this horrendous time where we are still accounting for the severity of the carnage there is no doubt that local communities are reaching out to community pharmacists for help. Community pharmacists are reliable and essential services that look after the health and well-being of communities.
Despite the dire conditions they have stood, served, fought and supported their local communities selflessly in the face of crisis. We must support them so they can do their daily jobs of serving their communities by alleviating some financial pressures particularly for their immediate needs. Some pharmacists have lost their homes and yet they continue to serve on. Their welfare is of utmost importance and this fundraising effort is specifically set up to assist those who have lost part or all their home contents. Funds raised in addition to government relief subsidies will only be useful adjunct support so that the impact is lessened and a quick return to business is enabled with as much financial stress minimised as possible.
Read more about Pharmacists on the front line
Whilst government agencies and other bodies such as the Pharmacy Guild of Australia and Pharmaceutical Society of Australia work tirelessly through their own channels, particularly for medication supply, we can all do our part to help the welfare of the Community Pharmacists who are needing much practical relief themselves. They will be stretched.
This is a fundraiser that you can get behind to help your local Community Pharmacists to have practical funds for IMMEDIATE NEEDS and assist these local communities quickly.
Who is this fund for?
1. For ALL Community Pharmacists who have lost a part or all the contents of their primary dwelling requiring funds for IMMEDIATE NEEDS.
2. This fund can also be for Community Pharmacists to supply pharmacy front of shop products (not covered by PBS) to patients who cannot afford them and are requiring them for IMMEDIATE NEEDS. This will be at the discretion of the pharmacist as they will be the best judge of the community's needs.
What will the funds be used for:
* Day to day incidentals for community pharmacists to get back functioning quickly again.
* Day to day incidentals for community pharmacists to assist their patients with front of shop items that they require that are not covered by PBS or any other funding.
* Day to day incidentals required for community pharmacists to conduct their daily practice prior to waiting for PBS reimbursements to occur.
What will the funds NOT be used for:
* These funds are NOT for the the supply of medications. Other government subsidy will apply for these needs.
*These funds are NOT a replacement for what home and contents insurance will provide.
* These funds are NOT a replacement for what business interruption insurance will provide.
This is not a registered charity organisation. There will be no tax deduction on your donations.
How can pharmacists access this fund:
1. Complete this form to tell us about your circumstances and how we can support you.
2. The funds will be available on a first come first serve basis and will be deposited to pharmacists within 3-5 business days on the successful approval of the application.
3. Applications will be reviewed on a case by case basis and promptly processed.
What will happen to unused funds:
Unused funds will be donated to the Pharmacist Support Services for them to support the welfare of these pharmacists in the weeks and months ahead - https://www.supportforpharmacists.org.au/
Duration of this fundraiser:
This fundraiser will occur for as long as required and upon closing all donors will be informed.
Funds transparency and management:
Thank you to the volunteer administrators listed here who have willingly agreed to assist to ensure the transparency of funds acceptance and transfer is accounted for: Joyce McSwan, Owen Mellon and Karalyn Huxhagen (all are Clinical, Consultant or Community Pharmacists)
· 100% of all funds raised will be provided to affected Community Pharmacists
· No administration fees apply
· All applications will be verified with a secondary reference.
This fundraiser is independent and adjunctive to other subsidies organised by the Pharmacy Guild of Australia or the Pharmaceutical Society of Australia. Should there be other official efforts set up to assist affected pharmacists we would happily support and share the news around also through this platform.
We will work together to support those who are currently in greatest need.
NOW, LET'S PASS THE BUCKET AROUND:
*Please give generously and share this far and wide. Any amount will be greatly appreciated!
*International donations are accepted and we greatly appreciate your help from across the seas.
Our affected Community Pharmacists need to know that we are behind them and their communities, as they are empowered to support their communities in weeks, months and years going forward as this will impact communities greatly.
Together we stand in strength!
Serve on Community Pharmacists, we are right behind you!
- Stephen Andrews
- Mary Ann Soden
- Susan Trevillian
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more