Hi, we are Blue Yellow Buses!
We are sending 100 buses to aid ukrainians.
We are 35+ volunteers who wants to do something good and necessary for our fellow fleeing Europeans. We have been inspired by the white buses that safely transported KZ prisoners to Denmark at the end of World War II.
The Blue Yellow Buses transport ukrainians safely to Danmark and ensures a good start.
We are sending several buses every week and we are raising money to pay for more buses, materials and services so we can scale the operations.
Because trains are not good enough for most.
Q: How does the bus work? ♥
1. We ensure safe travel from A to B with food, water, translators, children's books and safe housing provided by municipalities at the end. This also means that exposed groups like children travelling alone, elderly people or handicapped people will be helped. They might not be able to use trains.
Q: How do you get on a bus?
2. We work closely with and help develop the site www.ukrainetodenmark.com where people can book seats on a bus and know where to go. They can join a chat group on telegram where our translators and other passengers ask and answer questions. In case of more needing issues, there is a call center solution with volunteers to call.
3. Aboard all our buses we have translators.
Q: Where do you go?
4. We work with local cities in Poland who designate pick up points. Right now it is Warsaw, Krakow and Przemysl.
5. Buses are flexible in terms of refugee streams and local housing capacity.
Q: How do people arrive?
6. We work with Danish municipalities in ensuring safe housing for arriving refugees. By Danish law the municipality is required to find safe housing. This varies between municipal homes, private housing, schools or hotels until long term solutions are found. We help people to the right place and help them.
7. We ensure they have a network of all the other passengers from the bus. This means you have someone to start your journey in Denmark with.
Q: How do you volunteer for the team or a bus? ♥
8. Through www.blueyellowbuses.eu
We have a great team and send several buses every week! Please apply
Q: How are you Scaling?
9. Through more buses, materials and people
10. We are soon launching the initiative in other countries.
For questions reach out to [email redacted]
Feel free to add me on LinkedIn if you have questions for me personally. I volunteer on a bus from 26th of march to 28th of march.