Burning Man Art: Monster by Kitsune Collective



Monster is a sculpture series of multi-colored, plush forms towering at 12 feet on a plinth. Out of the plinth is a seesaw for you to ride. While you ride the seesaw the Monster will dance and move with you.
Monster has been selected for the Honoraria grant from Burning Man! The honoraria grant covers 40% of the cost of creating the sculptures. We still need your help to raise the other 60%!

What does your donation go towards?
  • Construction Materials
  • Some of the cost to transport Monster to Burning Man

What does your donation NOT go towards?
  • Artist fees- the artists are volunteering their creativity and time
  • Crew costs to go to Burning Man
  • Equipment to create the sculptures

This work will be erected as part of Burning Man 2023. This is an event where once a year, tens of thousands of people gather in Nevada’s Black Rock Desert to create Black Rock City, a temporary metropolis dedicated to community, art, self-expression, and self-reliance. Astonishingly, Burning Man operates on a gifting economy, not bartering, sponsorships, or cash! The funding raised via this page will be pooled with the Burning Man Honoria Grant the Collective has received to purchase raw materials, solar power for off-grid lighting, and transportation of Monster, our gift to the community of Black Rock City.

If you find yourself in Black Rock City this year we hope you enjoy our gift to the community and encourage you to stop by our Camp “Kitsune Collective” to say hello! If, in the more likely event, Burning Man is not in the cards for your 2023, please let this absurd creation be a reminder to invite play into your life!

To anyone who is willing and able to donate to this endeavour we are so grateful and humbled by your generosity. Thank you for making the gifting economy such a magical success!
Donate

Donations 

  • Calgary Monster Mash
    • $690 (Offline)
    • 6 mos
  • Colin Gallant
    • $100 
    • 6 mos
  • Audrina Lim
    • $100 
    • 7 mos
  • Kate Einarson
    • $15 
    • 7 mos
  • Sunita LeGallou
    • $100 
    • 7 mos
Donate

Organizer and beneficiary

Carly Moore
Organizer
Calgary, AB
Carly Moore
Beneficiary

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily.

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about.

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the  GoFundMe Giving Guarantee.