Emergent Help for Banks Family

My baby sister, Jana Faye (Roberts) Banks, is a 43-year-old single mother of two. On July 4, 2014 she suffered a massive heart attack. Jana only has 15-20% heart capacity remaining. The damage suffered to the other 80% of her heart is irreparable. Jana has been fitted with a defibrillator vest to be worn at all times to shock her heart back into rhythm should it fail. Due to strict Obamacare regulations, however, there is a 90-day waiting period from the onset of her heart attack before a permanent defibrillator can be placed surgically beneath her skin.     

Jana is a candidate to be placed on a heart transplant list with thousands of other children and adults who are hoping and praying to be the next lucky recipient, with very few hearts available. A couple of other options remain available, such as VDS placement, that would require moving her to Indianapolis for extensive testing and workup before approving such procedures.

Jana has a long road ahead of her. Obviously she will not be working again with two teenage children to raise alone. Jana has suffered permanent and severe life-changing circumstances to which she now must learn to adapt, while everyday bills and living expenses continue to accrue. 

Please please share Jana's story with everyone on your friends list in an effort to cover as far and broad a spectrum as possible. 

Any amount you are able to contribute toward medical illness and healing donations for Jana and her children are greatly appreciated. 

God Bless,
Susan Imhoff Pace

Donations

  • rebecca howard 
    • $30 
    • 72 mos
  • Cheryl Thompson 
    • $50 
    • 72 mos
  • Jim and Katie Floerke 
    • $200 
    • 72 mos
  • Angel Holmes 
    • $50 
    • 72 mos
  • Andrea Pemberton 
    • $100 
    • 72 mos
See all

Organizer

Susan Imhoff Pace 
Organizer
Bedford, IN
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more