My mother, Veronica, has Huntington’s disease, a hereditary neurodegenerative condition to which there is not yet a cure. This condition has robbed her of her mobility, energy, and made it near impossible to complete tasks on her own.
My father, Ben, has stage 4 prostate cancer which has metastasized (spread) to his shoulder, bones, and lymph nodes. The tumors effect on his lymph system has brought this once healthy and strong man to experience excruciating pain by just walking; this pain has made it so that he is extremely limited with what he can do and in result he is not able to work more that 20 hours a week without intense fatigue and pain. The doctors estimate he has 6 months to 1 year left if there is no immediate change in his condition.
I am the oldest of four children and I am doing everything in my power to establish myself in a position where I can support my family financially, but I’m not anywhere near that yet. My school, job, and wife to be is in Texas, and I am not able to be with my family physically during this challenging time.
My brother, Caleb (19), suffers from intense migraines everyday due to a sinus condition. This has incapacitated him and prevents him from returning to work.
My brother, Samuel (15), is young, but industrious. He works doing odd jobs for people in our town, and while that is a wonderful thing, it won’t make much of an impact on our situation.
My sister, Emma (13), has taken up the mantle of caretaker in the house and takes so much joy in serving wherever she can.
For a while, things were manageable, but that is over and in its place something painful and dark settled itself into our family. Our situation is emotionally draining, painful, and unescapable, but there is one thing we do have that has sustained us; our faith.
My family’s faith in Christ has given hope, sustenance, and peace. Without that we would have collapsed from it all a long time ago. As dark and as hard as things get, my family still serves in the church every week; my father delivers food for our homeless ministry, Samuel serves on the worship team every Sunday, Emma ministers to those around her wherever she is, Caleb is an encouragement and a light to those that need it most, and my mother prays prayers that only a mother can.
My family’s faith has not been shaken, but we do recognize the need and we trust that there are those who might have their hearts moved by this mess of problems that they face.
We are asking for the help of all who are able, to please give.
The goal is to raise $25,000…
* So that my family can continue to pay for medical insurance.
- This will offer a chance (even if it’s a slim one), to treat my father’s cancer.
- This will provide my mother with the medication she needs to keep her lucid and mobile as long as possible.
- This will enable Caleb to get the operation he needs to correct his sinus issue.
* So that my family can have food to eat.
- If treatments do not work, then my father will get sicker and sicker and will get to a point where he cannot work at all. This money would help ensure that no one will starve.
* So that my family can remain in their home.
- Because my father will get to a point where he can no longer work, there will need to be a way to pay for utilities and housing; otherwise they will be homeless.
* So that my family can focus on healing.
- There is already so many taxing things facing my family. Money has always been a huge worry, but it is now at crisis level; these funds would enable them to heal and to rest for a time.
My father has worked every day of his life since he was 7. They are truly desperate and wouldn’t ask for help that wasn’t needed.
Please, help in the healing and restoration of my family.
- Mackenzie Erneston
- Cheryl Troy
- Mary Ellen Blatchford
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more