Main fundraiser photo


Donation protected
Larry Ralph & Michaela Smith have been planning a family for several years. Much to their surprise they found out this past spring that they were expecting. So they have been planning their lives accordingly. They found out in May that it was a boy, due October 15th, 2017. They planned a  babymoon to Cancun, Mexico for a small get-away before the baby was scheduled to make his appearance this fall. Tuesday, July 18th, in the morning, Michaela wasn't feeling so well- so Larry took her to the emergency room in Cancun just to make sure all was well. Come to find out, she was dilated to 5cm. The medical team at Hospiten Cancun tried to stop the labor but alas she kept progressing to 8 cm. The medical team decided to make a quick decision for the health of the baby & Michaela to induce labor even though Michaela was only 27.5 weeks pregnant.  Beckham Lake Smith-Ralph was born July 18th, 2017....weighing about 2lbs. He is breathing and seems to be doing ok, but needs further medical care. The hospital will not release the baby until all funds are paid. What started off as a $7,000 bill has jumped up to $37,000 and keeps rising the past 35 hours, with no end in site. We are working on getting a medical air evacuation set up and a hospital to accept him here state side. The Ralph & Smith family members have been working around the clock the past 24 hours trying to contact all the congressman, US embassy, US consolates,....and running into obstacles time and time again. Now the Cancun hospital is demanding even more money before they will even release Baby Beckham and Michaela. 

We as a family have come together and already paid the air-medivac company $30,000 to bring them home we ran into another problem. The hospitals in Florida that we tried to use will not accept him because of the mother's insurance being on Indiana Hoosier Healthwise plan. So we are back to the drawing board with an even more expensive air-medivac bill.... we are waiting to hear the new price to maybe and try to bring Beckham home here to Riley in Indiana. All details are still up in the air. I will be updating this as soon as I hear anything new.....

07/20/17 we have made arrangements with a NEW emergency Medivac,.... Air Med, we have made connections with Riley Children's Hospital,..... keep praying, sharing and donating!

What I am asking of friends and family..... if you are able to please  financially donate & help bring Beckham home. He needs emergency health care to give this little guy the medical attention he needs. He is small at less than 2lbs but mighty in spirit. The fact that he has already survived and is fighting this much in the past 24 hours is outstanding, but we do need your help. Please if you are able to donate & share this go fund me page. We appreciate anything and all donations,..... also please keep watch of this page as I will post updates on Baby Beckham, Mom Michaela & Dad Larry's progress thru this journey. We greatly appreciate all of the love and support,..... let's bring Beckham home!!!!


  • Cesar Garcia
    • $50 
    • 7 yrs

Organizer and beneficiary

Rebecca S. Ewert
Martinsville, IN
Larry Ralph

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily.

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about.

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the  GoFundMe Giving Guarantee.