I am seventeen years old, and I live in a small town in Texas. I am very involved in my community and my school, and I am due to graduate next year. I am currently ranked #1 in my class of 246, and I want to go to Medical School after high school. I am raising money to participate in a summer program at Brandeis University: The Global Youth Summit on the Future of Medicine.
About the program:
I have been selected to represent Splendora and Texas as a delegate at the 2015 Brandeis University Global Youth Summit on the Future of Medicine. I have applied and been accepted to this program, but I will not be able to go unless I can come up with the additional funds to cover tuition. Only 250 high school students from around the world are accepted into this program, and I am extremely blessed to be considered one of these remarkable students. If you want to check the program out for yourself, please feel free to browse the website.
Tuition to the Global Youth Summit is $2,980, and includes the following:
• Tuition for seven days of medical and leadership training, including hands-on activities, and distinguished speakers
• A dedicated faculty mentor
• All materials and supplies
• Residence in air-conditioned, state-of-the-art facilities
• Shuttle Transportation to and from Boston Logan International Airport or Boston South Train Station
• Private, deluxe motor coach transportation throughout the Summit
• All breakfasts, lunches, and dinners — though students should bring cash for snacks while traveling off-campus
• Closing semi-formal gala dinner
• All activity fees
• Commencement ceremony with personalized certificate of completion
• Night security staff to monitor residences during the night
• 24-hour staff to address emergencies
I, personally, can pay for $800. I have applied for a partial scholarship, but I won't know if I receive any financial aid until Sunday, March 15th. My parents have offered to pay my airfare to and from Boston. This program is highly esteemed, and it will give me countless opportunities.
(Sorry! I can't crop the picture at all, but this is my acceptance e-mail!)
Any contribution is greatly appreciated, and I couldn't be more thankful for such a wonderful community! Thank you for even considering this! I really hope I can represent Texas' future of medicine this summer!
- Linda Coleman
- Sonja Bratton
- Kino Manzella
- Kathleen Plourde
- Becky Duke
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more