Ignite Music: New Music for Young Minds is a new company dedicated to producing new opera, musical theatre and narrated concerts for family and school audiences.
Showcasing the work of Composer Russell Hepplewhite, Producer Clio Burroughs and Artistic Director Sue Moore are preparing a new production of the family opera Borka: The Adventures of a Goose with no Feathers (Music by Hepplewhite, Libretto by Tim Yealland) based on the 1963 classic picture book (story and illustrations) by John Burningham.
Our initial goal is to complete fundraising for Stages 1 & 2 of our production, including the design process, puppet build, auditioning our cast, and a Research & Development workshop for the cast and creative team at Snape Maltings. An ambitious UK tour of book festivals is planned for 2023, supported by John Burnigham’s publisher, his agent and his estate.
- Gosling: Up to £20.00 - £20 pays for the printing of a vocal score or orchestral part.
- Archie: £50.00 - Pays for travel for one cast member to Snape Maltings.
- Mr. Plumpster: £100 - Pays for lunch for the cast and creative team for one day.
- Mrs. Plumpster: £200 - Pays for venue hire for one day of our R&D Workshop.
- Fred: £500 - Pays for one puppet to be built.
- Fowler: £1000 - Pays for production review and rewrites.
- Captain McAllister: £2000 - Pays for our R&D workshop days at Snape Maltings.
- Ferdinand: £5000 - Pays for the basic set build.
For more information about us and Borka: the opera,
to find out about John Burningham's legacy
Thanks so much for supporting Borka the Opera: 60 years of a children’s classic!
If you would like to discuss supporting Ignite Music with a regular donation or contributing towards a specific aspect of our production in 2023, or you are a company interested in 'in-kind' support, please get in touch with us via our website.
NB: No raffles, sweepstakes, giveaways, or returns on investment are offered in exchange for any donations made to our GoFundMe