Peanut butter and jelly
Movies and popcorn
SPECIAL EDUCATION and SMARTboards!!! :)
I am a Special Education teacher of a K-3rd self-contained classroom. I teach in a Title 1 school district. We educate many children who have very little at home.
My goal is to teach, inspire, equip, and motivate my students to learn and grow, despite their disabilities.
In the past I have used a SMARTboard to teach students with special needs. I watched my students grow exponentially academically, socially, and emotionally after a year of interacting with the SMARTboard technologies. It was amazing to see the students get in front of the class and lead calendar alone. Each one gained a sense of confidence and pride as they learned through participation.
There are many benefits of using a SMARTboard for students with special needs:
1. The SMARTboard technologies offer student’s many ways to learn, express ideas, and demonstrate understanding.
2. It facilitates differentiated instruction, allowing students from different levels (academically, socially, and physically) to interact together.
3. This technology engages all types of learners: visual, kinesthetic, and auditory.
4. It improves communication skills by allowing students to work together on an interactive, educational program. (i.e. lead calendar in front of the class; collaborate in a group, help another student by demonstrating… etc.)
5. For students who are unable to hold a pen or pencil to write, the SMARTboard allows them to use the finger-touch capability. This motivates and encourages students to practice their handwriting skills. It makes it fun too!
6. With technology growing more and more everyday, teaching students how to utilize it strengthens their confidence and helps them to succeed in life.
As a teacher, there are many benefits as well. The SMARTboard program allows me to create visually stimulating lesson plans and education games that will engage and promote participation.
With your help, we can give the gift of learning to students who need and deserve it.
With your help, we can change a child’s life.
SMARTboard’s offer more than academics. They offer a whole new world to discover for these students.
Thank you for taking the time to read about my cause.
** Ashley **
(P.S. Any additional funds raised will be put towards classroom supplies and student needs. ) :-)
Giving Students with Special Needs the Chance to Succeed
- Maxwell Casartelli
- Holly Justham
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more