FIRST LEGO League Robotics:
We are team Blue Box #15971. Blue Box was the only team nominated to represent New Hampshire state to the LEGOLAND California Open Championship. Blue Box will compete with other high performance teams from around the world at the Open Championship.
Who are we?
- 8 inspired and motivated grade 5 to 8 students from Windham Center School, Windham Middle School, and World Academy School
- Imagination Vision, Creative Mindset, and Young Leadership
- Ability to work collaboratively in team
Nika (8th Grade) - Team Leader
Stephanie (8th Grade) - Team Co-Leader
Emily (8th Grade) - Core Value Leader
Vince (8th Grade) - Chief Engineer
Hannah (7th Grade) - Chief Solution Development
Anna (7th Grade) - Chief Research
Alyssa (7th Grade) - Chief Programmer
Anthony (5th Grade) - Master Builder
=> All are from Windham NH
About FIRST LEGO League (FLL)
FLL is an exciting alliance between FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) and the LEGO. https://www.firstinspires.org
It’s a robotics program for 9 to 16 year olds, which is designed to get children excited about science and technology. In addition, to teach them valuable employment and life skills.
Teams of up to 10 kids will program an autonomous robot (using a LEGO Mindstorm robot set) to score points on a thematic playing surface, create an innovative solution to a problem as part of their Project, all while guided by the FLL Core Values.
2017 NH FLL State Championship
Blue Box was one of the 50 out of about 300 teams qualified for the NH FLL State Championship
Blue Box won the 3rd Place Champion’s Award by embodying the FIRST program’s Core Values of teamwork and mutual respect while achieving excellence and innovation in both a robot game and innovative project.
2018 LEGOLAND Open Championship
NH FIRST nominated and invited Blue Box to participate the LEGOLAND California Open Championship – to compete with the other 79 high performance teams from around the world regional championships (May 18-20, 2018).
What We Want to Do?
1. To participate the LEGOLAND California Open Championship (May 18-20, 2018)
2. To continue developing the Robot Design, improve the reliability of accomplishing the game missions, and enhance the design to accomplish addition new missions. So that, our Robot is more competitive at the LEOGLAND Open Championship.
3. To organize and host outreach events to foster critical thinking and raise K-12 students interest in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM).
4. To seek sponsors and volunteers to empower us.
Airfares (Boston to San Diego) for 8 Team Members and 2 Coaches = $4000
Shipment (robots, project prototypes and presentation materials, equipment) = $800
Hope this fundraising will get the fund to cover the above expenses.
Blue Box is also doing other fundraising event such as Superball Squares, STEM Workshop, parents' companies, etc
- Will enable Blue Box to improve and build a competitive robot to participate the LEGOLAND California Open Championship on May 18-20, 2018
- Blue Box will represent New Hampshire State (and Windham town) to compete with other high performance teams from around the world at the Open Championship.
- Give Blue Box the opportunity to develop and utilize skills in business, engineering, creative design, innovative solution, project management, programming, teamwork, and critical thinking
- Empower Blue Box to leverage Science, Technology, and Engineering to promote local communities awareness and understanding of the engineering profession.
Sponsors Recognition and Appreciation
Company or Organization Name, Logo and Website Address on Blue Box’s
- Core Values, Robot Design, and Project Research Binders and Power Point Presentations (to be shared with judges, participants and visitors at the LEGOLAND Open Championship)
- Pit Table at LEGOLAND Open Championship
- Website and Facebook Pages
- Project Poster
- Team T-Shirts
Please support Blue Box, and thank you for your donation to help us represent New Hampshire at the amazing LEGOLADN Open Championship.
BLUE BOX #15971
Stephanie, Nika, Emily, Vince, Alyssa, Anna, Hannah and Anthony
DonationsSee top donations
- Lannan Mazda
- John Paserba
- Joe Xu
- Steve Goulas
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more