Early on the morning of August 21st, our shop Blooming Kids caught fire. A neighbor noticed, called 911 and broke in to make sure nobody was inside, because that’s Tacoma. ❤️ Nobody was injured but it’s a total, complete loss. It’s gone.
We’re processing what happened. We're heartbroken. Amy loved this place and what it stood for and what it’s provided our family. She truly poured her heart into it. We’re just really sad right now and trying to figure out next steps.
BK has been a part of Tacoma for over 15 years and has always been so much more than a retail shop. It's been a gathering place for moms and families, both new and old. It's been a part of our community to learn, grow, celebrate, support and even at times mourn together around all the ups and downs that come with motherhood, parenthood and raising children.
We are going through the intense process of insurance claims and fire recovery. It appears so far that all is a total loss, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be quick or easy. We will have bills to pay as we work through this and whatever our insurance ends up covering will likely take up to 12 months to see.
Although we're not at all surprised because Tacoma is AMAZING, we are so still humbled and grateful by the absolute incredible and immediate outpouring of support from our community. We were and still are reluctant to even start this page, but we've been asked and encouraged to do it because so many people want to help. Whatever comes through this that isn't needed to recover and re-coop we will use to give back to the community and/or start up a new adventure if rebuilding BK isn't feasible.
This fire has destroyed our business and our inventory, but not our spirit and our love for our community. We will be back some how, some way...
Amy, Justin, Holden, Lorelei and August Natali
Please click this link to see the wonderful piece King 5 did on us. They said our fire was a top trending item and they had to do a story because they were blown away by the community rallying and showing support. https://www.king5.com/video/news/local/popular-consignment-shop-in-tacoma-destroyed-by-overnight-fire/281-29754b8b-1ba8-43c6-b805-8257cd119246?jwsource=cl