- Sandra Langan
- Brayden Hilderbrand
- Caleb Hahn
- Abianne Stone
- Aubrie Stone
- Chaia Brenda
BLARK and Springfield Robotics Club are seaking to raise $4,700 to travel to Arkansas to compete in the Razorback Invitational, an invitation only 4 day international robotics competition. The competition runs May 17-21 2018.
The budget for this trip looks like so:
- Competition Entry Fee: $1,500
- Housing for 4+ days for team and coaches: $1,628
- Food for team and coaches for 5 days: $2,100
- Fuel to drive 4 team members and 2 coaches 4,000 miles (2k there, 2k back): $600
- 4 nights of Hotel for the road trip: $500
- 3 Airline tickets for 2 team members and a coach - FREE! DONATED!
TOTAL BUDGET: $6.328
Springfield Robotics Club has already received a $2,000 donation to help with these costs leaving us $4,328 left to raise. Your contribution is an investment in an amazing group of kids who have a once in a lifetime opportunity as this is their last year in First Lego League!
BLARK competed in a qualifier in Corvallis Oregon at Oregon State University in December. Here they won Overall Champion and posted the high score of the day with 110 points. With this came an invitation to compete in Oregon's State Championship Tournament in Hillsboro.
On Sunday January 14th, BLARK competed at the state championship where they won 2nd place overall champion out of 60 teams. All this while placing 5th in the robot game with only 210 points, 280 points was the high score for the day. This 2nd place finish earned them an invitation to the Razorback Invitational at Arkansas State University.
First Lego League (or FLL) is composed of 4 elements, The Robot Game (where the robot runs on the field and completes tasks), Robot Design, Core Values, and Project. This year's theme for the project was Hydro Dymanics. It was up to the team to find a project in the Human Water Cycle, how we use, store, transport, or dispose of water.
BLARK thought outside of the box with their project - they are working on the BLARK ALERT - a monitoring and alerting system that will detect if your infant or young child could be drowning. Their innovative sensor detects when it is submerged in water then uses a bluetooth beacon (like a Tile) to alert an app on your phone. It also makes a loud noise providing you with the location of your child. 90% of drowings occur while a child is under adult supervision and proves to be a silent killer! The BLARK ALERT could prove especially useful for children with Autism or other developmental disabilities.
BLARK has been extremely active in sharing their experiences and knowledge as well!
* They will be leading an Introduction to Robotics Workshop for Lane County 4H in January 2018.
* They gave a presentation to students, teachers, and parents at Bridge Charter Academy in Lowell Oregon helping them establish their Robotics program.
* Rubrics are how teams are scored or measured in Core Values, Robot Design, and Project Presentation - BLARK's team members re-wrote those rubrics in a way that was easier for young team members to understand. They have shared these rubrics with young teams so they can better prepare themselves for competition.
* Helped 3 other teams in their club with programming and robot design questions and challenges.
* Volunteered at a FLL competition at OSU as pit runners and judge assistants.
* Volunteered at the state FLL comeptition on Saturday before their competition as Pit Runners, Judge Assistants, and a Robot Table Announcer.
* Volunteering at a FTC competition the last weekend in January.
Here is a promo video of BLARK's robot:
This is a video of their project presentation at State:
Sandra and Chaia Volunteering at State on Saturday January 13th
BLARK sharing with the Robotics Judges in their pits
First robot run of the state championship!
BLARK staged to run their robot
- Gretchen odegaard
- Dave McBride
- Jeanie McBride
- Betty Anderson
- Ivy and Jeff
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more