News Story: http://www.wfmz.com/news/news-regional-southeasternpa/Crews-battle-fire-in-Douglass-Township/41260682
The entire roof burned and the house was ruled a "total loss" (due to water and smoke damage). A big "Thank You!" to the brave men and women who fought the flames and provided medical care (one of which was injured).Thankfully everyone is safe, but now my parents need to get back to their lives and start to rebuild.
I'm trying to raise 5k for my parents so that can begin to rebuild their home and also care for their neice, two horses, and several cats.
The money will go towards:
1. School supplies and clothes for Isabella. My parents take care of their 7 year old neice who starts school soon. Most of her posessions were lost and I can tell she was somewhat traumatized by the incident.
2. Getting the horses relocated and paying for boarding in a neighbor's barn. There is currently no power or running water at the property. A neighbor is letting them fill buckets at the edge of the property which they carry about 200 yards to the barn to water the horses.
3. Cleaning up, restoring power and running water. Easier said than done since it may have been an electrical problem that caused the fire.
4. Maintaining the property. There are about 5 acres of grass to cut and both lawn tractors were lost.
5. Medical bills and unforseen expenses that come along.
This means alot to me, not only becuase they are my parents but also because they are two people who have worked hard their whole lives and have always cared for others. If we could show them the same love, I'm sure it would mean the word to them in this hard time.