Marshall and Matthew Medical Fund

My sons were born 26 days ago.  Not only do we have bills outstanding from that hospitalization. But we now have a massive amount of bills compounding from a nasty RSV infection in both twins.  The Emergency Room deductible alone is around $6,000.  Below is a time frame of their status and updates as their healing and progress continues.  I wouldn't ask for this on anyone and I certainly usually do not ask for much help.  This situation is beyond my control.  I have not been able to go back to work with both boys being in separate rooms we are keeping vigil with both, me with one and Robin with one.  Abraham is at home and friends and failure tag teaming his care and watching him.   2/19/18 Matthew AND Marshall have tested positive for RSV and are being admitted to Children's Hospital St. LOUIS.  We do not have cell service at the hospital. Update** 2/20 Matthew has been moved to Pedatric ICU...  UPDATE*** 2/21 Marshal, stable and doing well, improving.  Off o2 and getting by with supportive measure.  And simple monitoring. Matthew, last might was long and rough...  he bradycardia and apnea persistently worsened.  He was given a few other options to fight his lack of breathing.  It was then beat decided for full intubation.  After intubation a PCR test was elevated and to rule out any other problems they performed a CBC, Urine analysis, and a freaking spinal tap.  So far those preliminary tests are not showing anything worrisome.  After intubation Matthews numbers have stabilized.  If that is not enough I finally was tired enough to fall asleep. Just to be woken to be told they were moving him to a joint room closer to the doctors station....  We keep.getting told days 3-5 Are the worst with RSV.  However we can't get a solid answer to what say 1 is.  We have no real clue it's day 1 of their cough, and sniffle, or if day 1 is when we were admitted.  I'm just not sure Matthew can take much more so this better be the worst. Sorry for the typos, tired, fat fingers, you get the idea.  UPDATE 2/22 Marshall is more congested and is back on oxygen.  They have been talking about looking to discharge him soon.  In order for that to happen he need to be off oxygen for a full 24 hours with no issues.  Matthew is still in PEDIATRIC ICU, his numbers are stable and he is doing small improvements.  He has started back into a feeding schedule by feeding tube.  He has been weaned slightly from.his fentanyl and ventilator.  He is initiating his own breaths, he is opening his eyes and is alert.  Slowly making steps in the positive direction.   Thank you for the continued prayers and emotional support.  Our spirits are improving as we have had sleep and have had 24hours with positive news.  I am slightly superstitious and delayed posting last night's update for that reason. 2/24 Update** Marshall is back on oxygen.  Preventing his discharge and has had more difficulty breathing. Matthew has had a few positive steps forward and then backwards.  No real improvements, still in the ventilator and they increased his sedation. Looking like we will be here another week or so at least.

Donations ()

  • Sarah Biskner 
    • $50 
    • 26 mos
  • Karen & Joe Getty 
    • $100 
    • 27 mos
  • Linda Cornelius 
    • $100 
    • 27 mos
  • Jan Goedeke 
    • $50 
    • 27 mos
  • Karen & Joe Getty 
    • $100 
    • 27 mos
See all

Organizer

Andrew Dillon 
Organizer
Highland, IL
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more