Without the surgery, Bill would have died. We got him to the vet just early enough that we seem to have avoided long-term damage. We were lucky enough to have an amazing vet and we were able to scrape together enough to get it done.
But it couldn't have come at a worse time. Our landlord has decided to sell our house and we were supposed to be out on 10/31. We were saving to buy a house next year but since the rental market is bad we decided to do it now. We started looking immediately and are supposed to be closing on a great place at in a couple of weeks.
Bill's surgery unfortunately sucked away all of the padding we'd saved to cover closing costs and our moving expenses. We should still be able to put up the cash we need to close as long as the appraisal comes back where we expect but it's way closer than we're comfortable with. If this deal ends up falling through (it's actually the second house we've been in contract on - the other one fell apart at the inspection), we're going to be left without anywhere to go with our 4 dogs, 2 cats, and gerbils (all rescues, most naughty).
We're so happy that Bill is ok and are lucky we had more options than most. But this isn't an expense we can really absorb right now. We would be so appreciative of any help you can give. We need to offset this cost so that we can make sure to get our house and so we can actually get our stuff out of here. If you can't contribute, we'd appreciate any signal boosting you can do.
To anyone who actually read this far - send us requests and we'll send you pictures of Bill's cone decorated in a theme of your choice! (Nothing elaborate, we're both working 6 days a week. ;) )
- Carol Bauman
- Michelle Logan
- Lauren Watson
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more