In June 2023 four members of the Eastleigh Cycling Club; John Carpenter, Stephen Berry, Danny Thorn, and Dan Piernicki, are taking part in the Help for Heroes, Big Battlefield Bike Ride and will be cycling over 300 miles across northern France.
Our BBBR Dunkirk route follows in the footsteps of the British Expeditionary Force and tells the story of Operation Dynamo, when more than 338,000 troops were evacuated from Dunkirk in June 1940. We will be cycling around 70 miles a day over five days through the beautiful countryside of northern France.
- MONDAY 12 JUNE – ÉTRETAT TO DIEPPE - Starting on the cliffs of Étretat, cycling to Dieppe via Saint-Valery-en-Caux.
- TUESDAY 13 JUNE – DIEPPE TO LE TOUQUET - Leaving Dieppe, the route follows the coastline north before finishing the day in Le Touquet.
- WEDNESDAY 14 JUNE – LE TOUQUET TO BÉTHUNE - Heading inland, we visit the British Army HQ in Montreuil from 1916–1919, making our way into picturesque Béthune.
- THURSDAY 15 JUNE – BÉTHUNE TO YPRES - Today we head north to Ypres, one of the notorious battlefields of the Great War.
- FRIDAY 16 JUNE – YPRES TO DUNKIRK - Leaving Ypres behind, we now head towards Dunkirk, retelling the story of Operation Dynamo.
We each have our own JustGiving pages, and this page is to collect electronic donations at store collections. All monies collected here will be divided equally between the team and donated to Help for Heroes.
To take part in this challenge, we each need to raise £3000 for the charity
“Please note that a proportion of the total money raised will be used to cover the costs of our participation in the
the challenge, which totals £1,830 each”
- Rebecca Wheeler
- Jillian Reynolds
- Kirsty Peterson
- Karen Skinner
- Elliott Middleton
Fundraising team: ECG - Ride to Dunkirk (4)
Raised £65 from 9 donations
Raised £50 from 9 donations
Raised £30 from 5 donations
Raised £25 from 4 donations
This team raised £517 from 75 other donations.