The BettyFlies Foundation
The BettyFlies Foundation funds aviation-related programs that encourage personal development and create STEAM* education opportunities for young people.
The BettyFlies Foundation has committed $100,000 to the Aspen Flight Academy’s “Every Student Flies” program, which will debut at the Aspen High School in the fall of 2019.
BettyFlies has also committed to fund $120,000 of flight-school scholarships for high-school students, commencing August 15, 2019. These scholarships will be geared towards students who are on track to build careers as professional pilots.
A general collegiate scholarship at the Aspen High School—in the amount of $30,000 or better—is also planned for the upcoming 2019-20 school year.
Every dollar donated will fund aviation-inspired endeavors that encourage young people to develop skills in sciences, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
Please help us reach our funding goal of $250,000! We greatly appreciate any contribution, no matter how large or small. We face a short timeline and—much like Betty in her many enterprises—have lofty aspirations.
Every dollar counts!
THE BETTYFLIES FOUNDATION IS DEDICATED TO FUNDING PROGRAMS THAT ACCOMPLISH THE FOLLOWING:
- Use the thrill of flying to capture the imagination of students and motivate further personal growth.
- Coordinate with school officials to promote broader interest in STEAM* and support curriculum development using aviation as applied science.
- Create “work for reward” programs to offer scholarship incentives to students for completing established requirements.
- Create opportunities for participating students to gain peer recognition and support engagement with fellow students.
- Expose students to the significant career opportunities available in aviation.
*Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics