By now you know that Beans ingested a corn cob on Wednesday, May 29. We had no idea anything was wrong inside him because he remained his usual fun and spunky self for days afterward! Then, the vomiting began. In the beginning there was corn in every "batch" so we were optimistic that it was making its way out of his body. Over time the vomiting continued but the corn cob stopped appearing, at which point we contacted our incredible vet, Whitney.
After our first visit with the vet, we were sent home narrowly escaping surgery. It was their opinion that the corn had roughed up his stomach, causing gastritis and nausea; it was the effects of the cob, not the cob itself...or so we thought.
At 4:00am on Saturday, June 22, Beans vomited again for the first time in weeks and there were two large pieces of cob in it! In total, he threw up 15 times that day, mostly bile by the end. We went back to the vet where he stayed overnight on fluids for monitoring. They're still confident that his stomach is sensitive and somewhat damaged from the abrasive effects of the corn cob and that surgery is not needed, however the costs from both visits as well as the medication has been sudden and steep. We are seeking your help in this regard. The WT community has constantly amazed us with the love and support it exudes and so many have already reached out with offers to help.
All payments have been made to our vet office via credit card, and we are happy to share an itemized rundown of expenses in the spirit of transparency. Further, we will cover the total amount of fees taken by GoFundMe to ensure that Beans receives the money you meant for him to. Please do contact us on Facebook through messenger or the WTCares page to ask questions or just to chat about our Welshies.