Seven-year-old Madeline St. Pierre is geared up for battle again against “Harry the Tumor.”
On September 4 (her second day of 2nd grade), Madeline had her 4 month follow up MRI/clinical appointment to check on the status of her Low Grade Glioma. Unfortunately, the brain scan showed growth since her last scan in May.
On September 23, Madeline began what will be 52 weeks of weekly chemotherapy treatment at Dana Farber in Boston. Madeline met her first treatment with her faithful companion, stuffed pup Violet (whose twin, Rosie, kept Madeline's seat warm in her classroom-see photo above), and demonstrated a strength and will to fight that isn’t found in most adults, especially at times like these!
So the fight is back on, and this girl has some serious bravery and grit that will serve her and the St. Pierre family well as she endures this next phase of treatment. Madeline will continue to attend school and plans to participate in her beloved sport of gymnastics for as long as her health and energy permit. She’ll continue to go to her big brother Aiden’s hockey games to cheer him and his teammates on whenever she can! (Go Boston Americans!).
While Mom (Melissa – health education teacher at Salem High School) and Dad (Brian – police officer in the Salem Police Department) are staying positive and trying to maintain a sense of normalcy for as long as possible, this next phase of treatment will likely come with enormous cost and stress for the whole family.
The reason we are relaunching this fundraising effort is to ask members of the St. Pierres’ loving community, family and friends to support the family and pitch in however possible.
Ways you can help include:
- Make a direct donation to this gofund me campaign: Click on that green “Donate Now” button and contribute what you feel comfortable donating. Any amount is greatly appreciated. Funds raised will first be used provide support to the St. Pierre family; any remaining portion will be donated to the Jimmy Fund for research and patient care.
- Help with Meals, Errands & Other Helpful Tasks: If you live locally and wish to help with these needs, please contact Jessica Paul to learn more.
- Participate in an upcoming event: Some exciting events are being organized for the fall, with a mid-November 5K race currently being organized by students at Salem High School as well as a wristband fundraiser and #kartwheels4kids challenge launched by students at Beverly High School. Check this page and social media for updates, or contact Jessica Paul for any additional information.
- Stay positive! When you see Madeline and her family, show your support by keeping a positive outlook and sharing your strength with them. Positive energy can go a long way, so, please, no pity parties!
We sincerely thank you for your continued support of “Tuff Cookie” Madeline and her family!
- Ayers PTO
- Wendy and Jerry Frechette
- Tracey Gajda
- Denise &Mike Pasquarello
Fundraising team: Be Brave Be Strong (4)
Jessica Bollinger Paul
Raised $1,775 from 14 donations
Melissa St. Pierre
Raised $200 from 3 donations
Raised $150 from 2 donations
This team raised $21,417 from 249 other donations.