Main fundraiser photo

Baby Ivy's Preemie Fund

Donation protected
My name is Hannah Edwards and I'm posting this on behalf of Jake and Lauren Edwards (my brother and sister-in-law) and their little miracle, Ivy.

On Wednesday, March 14th, Lauren was rushed from Chester to Enloe Hospital in Chico in the middle of a snowstorm. They thought it would be sort-of a routine checkup due to Lauren's sudden high blood pressure... little did they know, the next 24 hours would be the most trying time of their lives. Upon admittance into Labor and Delivery at Enloe, nurses started rushing around them every which way. They tested all kinds of things, set up several IVs, and laid her back on one of the beds. Lauren’s OB consulted them and revealed she had severe preeclampsia and that she would be life-flighted by helicopter to Sutter Sacramento immediately because it was causing her blood pressure to life-threateningly skyrocket; her organs were failing and they would have to take their baby out soon. Once Lauren got situated into her room on the Labor & Delivery floor in the Intensive Care Unit, nurses were once again scrambling to do everything necessary for someone who is pregnant with a case as severe as hers. The next morning they met with a doctor who reviewed everything on Lauren’s chart and determined it was necessary to perform an emergency Cesarian Section to get their baby out before things got any worse, even though she was only 25 weeks and 6 days into her pregnancy. She diagnosed Lauren with what is called the HELLP Syndrome, which means she had elevated liver enzymes and low platelet count. An hour later, Lauren was on the operating table with no time to contemplate what was happening. At 11:01 am on March 15th, their baby girl, Ivy Lynnlee Edwards, was born. She was rushed across the hall to get cleaned up, weighed, and much more. Her birthweight was 1 lb. 3 oz. and she was 11 inches long. They put Ivy into an incubator and took her up to the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) where she was hooked up to IVs, a feeding tube, breathing tube, temperature probe, heart monitor, blood pressure cuff, and a few other necessities. Lauren ended up spending 4 days in the hospital recovering from the C-section, and will continue to heal for 6-8 weeks post-labor with her blood pressure still being closely monitored. They now will continue to spend their days at the NICU and nights at the Ronald McDonald House. They had to leave their lives - including their jobs - behind in the blink of an eye and have been forced to rethink their whole future. Jake and Lauren would be forever grateful for and appreciative of your prayers and support.


  • Bobbie Rowe
    • $25 
    • 6 yrs


Hannah Edwards
Westwood, CA

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the GoFundMe Giving Guarantee