On October 23rd parents Shanon Penn and Star Jones (both employees of Zovio in Chandler) lost their beautiful son after he choked on his turkey sandwich at daycare. Baby Symhir put up quite a fight for a day or so, but his brain had been deprived of oxygen for just too long. Symhir Penn was only 1 when his life was devastatingly cut short.
This is a family that has had no shortage of challenging times and were just getting to a good place. Along with their other son, 6 year Shannon Jr., they are facing unimaginable pain and unexpected expenses as they grieve the loss of baby Symhir. Families who experience tragedies like this are often side swiped with unexpected expenses (funeral related expenses, medical expenses, moving expenses, counseling, etc, etc.).
In viewing this, please share it! Help us gather funds to help this family as they face unexpected expenses. Nothing will ever bring back Symhir, but together we can help ease the burden for this amazing family as they move through this very difficult time.
A sweet video of baby Symhir with his dad: