The Mentor Schools Orchestra Program is one of the most respected music programs in Ohio, serving students from Grades 6 through 12. Mentor’s fine tradition of music performance can be attributed to the quality of its dedicated music staff and the commitment of the students that have passed through the program. Our performing groups have repeatedly been awarded top honors in competition on local, state, and national levels, and have represented our community with pride and distinction.
The Mission of Mentor Orchestra Association:
- To promote the cause of music whenever and wherever possible.
- To provide opportunity for better understanding and more effective cooperation between parents and music departments as they work together for the benefit of the students in the Mentor Public School System.
- To continue to improve lies of communication between students, parents, faculty, and administration, but in no way interfere with individual teaching policies.
- To cooperate with the orchestra department, foster its objectives and assist in its projects within the policies set by the Mentor Board of Education and the school administration.
- To maintain and promote an enthusiastic interest in the various phases of the orchestra department.
- To assist the various orchestral groups through fund raising projects that will enhance the total orchestra program.