Help Build Al-Azhar Islamic FDN
As Salaam Alaikum Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Al-Azhar Islamic Foundation (AIF) is an institution dedicated to faith, knowledge, and community. Through open discourse, AIF provides opportunities for an in-depth understanding of Islam and its place in a multi-faith, multicultural society.
Incorporated in March 1995 as a nonprofit religious and educational organization, the Foundation purchased a 5+ acre property in Barrington Hills, Illinois in July 2000, and by August 2001, they were approved to convert the house into a place of worship. The
house was quickly renovated and used for prayers, lectures, and other community activities, and by October 2003, the first stage of renovations were completed and the final occupancy permit was issued.
Today, AIF is open for daily prayers for the adjacent Muslim community, regular Friday prayers, Ramadan Taraweeh prayers, Eid celebrations, educational programs for youth and adults, and various discussion groups, gatherings, and events. In addition, AIF
offers an active Islamic Sunday School, where more than 50 students from various ethnicities come to learn about Islam and the Qur’an.
As AIF continues to steadily grow, so too have the needs of our community. AIF strives to meet some of the community requests, including:
- Spreading the teachings of Islam and fostering a sense of pride in our youth’s Islamic identity.
- Providing a space for learning about religion through the use of critical and analytical thinking.
- Inviting speakers of various views to address critical issues in Islamic thought.
- Conducting social events and activities for adults, youth, and families.
- Opening doors for interfaith activities and dialogues.
- Engaging in outreach to the non-Muslim communities and associations in the neighboring areas.
To meet these desires and provide the space necessary for a contemporary religious institution, AIF has been working with an architectural firm to expand and renovate our facility, including:
- A main floor that includes a Prayer Hall (capacity 236+), Social Hall (capacity 138+), Kitchen, 3 Preschool Classrooms, Sunday School Office, Imam’s Office,
Administration Office, Lobby & Elevator, Hallway Gallery.
- A basement floorplan that includes 4 Classrooms, Seminar Room, Computer Lab, Youth Lounge, Auditorium (capacity 184+), Bookstore, and Library with a current stock of over 2,000 scholarly Islamic references
The plan reflects AIF’s underlining belief in education, both for children and adults; the support of a women-friendly mosque; and a place to disseminate and deepen one’s knowledge of Islam. So as AIF is working to meet the community’s needs, AIF is in need of the community’s support. Your donation to the AIF building project will help provide a sanctuary for our children, our sisters, our brothers. We humbly request you to
donate generously to help us achieve our vision of faith, knowledge, and community.
“Whoever builds a masjid for Allah, Allah will build for him a house in Paradise.”
- Sahîh al-Bukhârî and Sahîh Muslim
Click on the DONATE button today! You may also mail checks to:
Al-Azhar Islamic Foundation
160 Hawthorne Road
Barrington, IL 60010, USA
Jazakallah Khairan for your generous donation.
The AIF Team
DonationsSee top donations
- Azam Abas
- Jahanara Baki
- N Khan