Artspart after school arts program
Help fund an after school art program for Franklin Square elementaty / middle school's scholars Pre K thru First grade.
Artspart needs funding for an after school arts program " Art with You and Me program Success depends on parent's involvement. Franklin Square's PTO and parents of scholars in grades Pre K thru 1st have requested to have more after school programing for their children.
Parents along with their child/children will be invited to attend an art workshop where they will create works of art together. This Art workshop request that Franklin Square provide access to an area located in the school suitable for the activities.
An additional component of this proposal is the intent to gain parent involvement in the workshops. Artspart also request that 4 parents sign up as volunteers for each workshop to help with the instruction and set up of workshops. It is an Artspart goal to establish art workshops run and facilitated by the parents themselves and Artpart as resource and management of programs Also, it is the intent to
1. Improve Student and Parent involvement
2. Foster a climate of postive parenting achild to bond
4. Provide a social outlet for parents and students in an after school setting
5. Offer Parent only events
Mission and goals
Ultimately, Artspart intends to help change the future of “at risk” children by creating an environment that encourages them to use their creative energy. In doing so, the children can experience success and develop a positive attitude about themselves, their education, families and community through participation in the arts.
• To improve their social behavior and social skills
• To improve their academic performance and commitment to school
• To develop their art skills
• To provide them with opportunities to perform and exhibit their art
• To provide an afterschool safe haven
• To foster a sense of community