Since the outbreak of Covid-19, we all find ourselves living in increasingly
uncertain and worrying times. Even those who thought they would not be
directly affected are discovering that they, or people they know, are
suddenly in need of a little extra help, simply due to circumstances beyond
Nationally, and locally, there has already been a noticeable increase in:
· Physical illness and trouble arranging or collecting prescriptions
· Problems for people accessing, and paying for, food and supplies
· Financial pressures and loss of jobs and earnings
· Anxiety, depression, feelings of fear and isolation and mental health trauma
...That’s where ACER come in!
Who, and what, is ACER?
Simple. It stands for Axminster Community Emergency Response
and it was created to link together those great local charities and
community organisations that already exist with a huge group
of amazing volunteers, under the guidance of Local Authorities
(Councils) and the NHS.
ACER exists solely to provide Axminster’s community with a
critical safety net until the situation is resolved. We are already
working hard to ensure those that are most in need are being
supported, but our resources are limited, and the problem is
growing as each day passes.
...And that’s where you come in.
What we do, and where your money will go:
Through a single helpline, the ACER network supports you and the
· Providing practical help with grocery shopping and collection of
prescriptions for those in self-isolation or with mobility and transport issues.
· Ensuring that those struggling financially do not go hungry in our community.
· Safeguarding the more vulnerable members of our community, so they are not
missed or overlooked or feel isolated or distressed.
· Giving callers advice about other resources available, and how to access them.
· For those struggling with feelings of isolation, fear or anxiety, we are providing a
friendly voice and a vitalsocial connection through a "telephone buddy" network.
In this rapidly evolving crisis, your generous donation will enable
us to react quickly and direct our attention and resources to
wherever the need is greatest.
It will also help us to support our volunteers and partners to continue
to do their critical work.
If any funds remain after the pandemic has passed, it is ACER’s
intention that they will be shared equally between those incredible
charities and community groups that have facilitated this amazing
undertaking, so that they might continue to serve Axminster’s
community in the best possible way.
We are already supporting many who need help right now, so
please donate so that we can continue to deliver these vital
services for as long as is necessary.
We are all in this together.
You, and your loved ones, might not need ACER’s support today,
but you may do tomorrow, and we want to be there for you too!
If you can donate, please don’t hesitate.
Help us raise the money we need to ensure no-one in Axminster
goes hungry, feels alone or thinks that no-one cares!
ACER cares and we will support anyone who needs that assistance.
- Christine Gorst
- Claire Rogie