Please join me and At Your Best in an effort to help close this Skills Gap by sending a full set of my new book series to 500 guidance and employment counselors across the US – free of charge. Each book is designed to provide a step-by-step, start-to-finish game plan to help a person build a great career and start a successful small business in one of seven Skilled Trades.
Imagine the number of lives that we could impact by getting these books in the hands of these counselors, who are on the front lines helping people find work!
I’m Juan Carosso and I wrote the At Your Best book series to address what I truly believe is an enormous need in our society. The Skilled Trades allowed my family to realize our American Dream, as they have for so many others. I’m convinced that many more folks would consider pursuing careers in the Skilled Trades if they had a clear, straightforward game plan to help them envision a long-term, successful future in the Skilled Trades. That’s exactly the objective of each At Your Best book. The first set of AYB books include Electrician, Plumber, HVAC/R Tech, Welder, Mason, Painter, and Carpenter, which I also translated to Spanish. I’ll translate the other six in short order.
Why launch this GoFundMe campaign? I believe that we all must work together to close the Skills Gap. I’m asking for your help and donation so we can send a full set of these eight books to 500 counselors across the country. These counselors are on the front lines helping:
· Our young folks, who are entering the workforce for the first time – trying to identify a possible career direction and then trying to figure out what their first and next steps should be
· Our veterans, who are returning to civilian life and trying to determine the path to their next “mission”
· Those who remain sidelined, as unemployed or underemployed, even in this tightening economy, because they don’t have a plan to guide them through the steps needed to restart their career
· Those who made mistakes in the past but are now looking to reintegrate themselves into society
I want you to know that 100% of your donation will go towards the costs of producing, packaging, and shipping these 4000 books. The overall cost is estimated to be $21,500 but hope to overachieve well beyond this target. Any funds remaining will be donated equally among three organizations doing great work to close the Skills Gap:
· mikeroweWORKS Foundation – Gives scholarships to young people studying in the Skilled Trades
· Helmets to Hardhats – Helps our veterans transition to civilian life
· SkillsUSA – Dedicated to growing our young skilled workforce
Not a penny of your donation will go to the profits or operations of At Your Best or my publisher, Skyhorse Publishing.
Please give what you can and share the link to our GoFundMe campaign with your friends and family. Help us close the Skills Gap. Anyone donating $100 or more will receive a great looking At Your Best t-shirt.
Finally, if you know a counselor who would like to register to receive a full set of the At Your Best books or if you’d like to learn more about At Your Best, please check out: www.AtYourBest.com.
Thanks very much! I greatly appreciate your consideration and your donation. All the best, Juan