House fire

http://www.commercialappeal.com/story/news/2017/08/11/disabled-niece-rescues-disabled-aunt-fire/560414001/ ‌On August 11, the house we were living in was destroyed by fire. I woke up to an air conditioning window unit in the room my aunt was laying in on fire. My aunt has cerebral palsy, scoliosis, and a trache. I, myself recently had knee surgery and have to use crutches to get around. We were the only two in the house at the time, as my children ages 6, 13, and 17 were in school and my grandkids ages 1 and 2 were visiting family. I grabbed the curtain from the window, placed it on the floor, pulled my aunt out the bed onto the floor and on top of the curtain. I then proceeded to scoot on my bottom, and pull the curtain and my aunt towards the front door and by the grace of God out of the house, and to safety. We lost everything, including my 5 pets that I have had for more 6 years. I am deeply sadden that my kids, including my two adopted children who are adults now, my grandkids, and the rest of the family have no where to hold birthday parties, holiday dinners, and just plan family get togethers anymore as this is where we have been for the last 4 years, but I have nothing but praise in my heart for the Lord sparing us on that day, but we are now set with the task of starting over. Anything will help. May God bless you all.

Donations

 See top
  • Anonymous 
    • $20 
    • 40 mos
  • Barbara Tabor 
    • $20 
    • 40 mos
  • Karen Hines 
    • $20 
    • 40 mos
  • Vonda Rankins-Watkins 
    • $20 
    • 40 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $5 
    • 40 mos
See all

Organizer

Tiffani Williams 
Organizer
Memphis, TN
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more