Anthony Strong Battling DIPG
On June 2, 2017, the Franzini family’s lives were dramatically changed. We decided to start the campaign knowing that Anthony’s diagnosis would make a substantial financial impact on their family. We wanted to be of assistance but were unaware of the full extent of their needs. Now that a week has passed, we are more aware of their needs. I thought I would try to lay out some of their needs so that you could pray and give as you are able.
Cancer does not discriminate! It can strike any family at any time. It can be devastating emotionally and also financially. We cannot help in every way, but helping them financially would certainly eliminate unnecessary stress so that the Franzini family can focus fully on Anthony. Currently, Jamie & Al are considering selling their home and downsizing to be able to afford the care of Anthony. As parents, they are willing to do ANYTHING, but as their friends we would like to help them stay in their current home AND care for Anthony. Their world is changing so quickly, it would be a blessing for Anthony and the entire family to stay in their familiar environment. Jamie is strongly considering working an online job from 4am-7am every morning in order to help her family. While she is willing to do this, it is not ideal as she is already emotionally and physically exhausted and may be having to travel for treatments, etc.
Your donation would help with:
1. Insurance- While the Franzini family has health insurance, it does not cover 100 percent of the cost. They have to meet their deductible and have copays to pay.
2. Medication- They will be needing to pay approximately $2,500.00 dollars per month, OUT OF POCKET, in order to get the medication that Anthony needs. $2,500.00 each month would add up to $30,000.00 per year.
3. Work- There are going to be times where the family is going to need to take off work. While there are laws in place in order to keep your job, this does not mean a pay check will be coming in for missed work.
4. Bills- While the medical bills are rising, personal bills will continue to PILE UP each month. There are also going to be extra personal expenses by having to drive to and from Orlando, which is sometimes daily.
5. Treatment- Upon research of DIPG, there is a lot of progress going on in Brain Stem cancer tumors. Unfortunately, many of the treatments and trials are not covered by insurance some even reaching $400,000.00. Anthony is currently undergoing 6 weeks of radiation. Be praying for the family as they have big decisions to make regarding further treatment options once the radiation is complete.
No donation is too small. Every dollar will help this family. Faithful friends, I also ask you to consider giving regular monthly gifts to this sweet family. The Franzini family is always quick to serve and give to others. Let’s be a blessing to this beautiful, sweet family.
While we will continue to pray for Anthony's miracle; we are also going to raise the goal to $100,000. We realize that this is a large goal but there is certainly a need!! The impossible IS possible with God!!
ORIGINAL POST POSTED JUNE 3, 2017
Jamie and Al were told on June 2, 2017 that Anthony has DIPG (Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma). DIPG is highly aggressive and is a cancerous tumor(s) found at the base of the brain. They were told it is INCURABLE. As you can imagine, this is shocking, horrifying, numbing, and incomprehensible.
The last thing the Franzini family needs at this time is to worry about finances. We wanted to set up a fundraiser in order to help lift any type of financial burden off their shoulders. Insurance doesn't always cover things 100 percent. Lots of time off work will be taken. When they bring Anthony home, there will be things they will need to buy to make him comfortable. Every single thing adds up. Let us enable them to use the funds to buy things for Anthony's enjoyment and for them to be able to use the funds where they see fit. Let's give them the freedom to be able to do what they need and want to do without worrying about finances.
Ultimately, we are praying for a miracle. As faithful friends and prayer warriors we ask you to raise your faith above your emotions on behalf of the Franzini family.
The Impossible is POSSIBLE with GOD.
Let's set our phone alarms to 9:08 a.m. and 9:08 p.m. in honor of Anthony's birthday, 09/08 to be a reminder to daily lift him up in prayer!
Letters of courage, encouragement and love may be sent to Anthony and the Franzini Family to P.O. Box 1638, DeLeon Springs, FL 32130
Follow Anthony's journey at: https://www.facebook.com/theimpossibleispossiblewithgod
DonationsSee top donations
Organizer and beneficiary
Port Orange, FL