This is Angeliana Personette. She is fourteen years old, and her life has completely changed due to a cheerleading accident in October 2013. Angeliana's family has, and is still, struggling financially, emotionally, and physically. Angeliana has been diagnosed with many different conditions: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS), Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS), Dysautonomia, and Cervicalcraniual Instability (Retroflexed Odontoid). Retroflexed Odotontoid is so new and rarely found that it doesn't even have a name yet. Angeliana is even more less common due to her symptoms being so wide of a range while others only have percentage of her symptoms. Angeliana has reported symptoms that have never been reported. It has only been found two years ago, and not many surgeries have been done. Some of her symptoms include:
· Difficulty breathing/body/brain forgets to breathe/painful to exhale
· Facial difficulties: loss of eye sight/temporary inability to move eyes/difficulty keeping eyes open/black spots/loss of ear function/ringing in ears/ears "turn on and off"
· Uncontrollable body temperature/rarity to sweat/body parts are all different body temperatures (inches apart)/never feels comfortable or the same as others in the same room
· Difficulty eating/difficulty swallowing/tolerating foods: taste, textures, smell, temperature/choking/loss of appetite/feeling "full" too early
· Abnormal heart function/racing heart/feeling faint; light-headed/dizzy upon standing or sitting up; change in position/blood pooling/heart skips/heart stopping/sharp chest pains
· Brain disfunction/temporary inability to speak/late reactions/brain fog/spacing out/short-term memory loss/completely being lost or confused
· Difficulty controlling muscles/tremors/paralysis
· Extremely strong senses: sound, touch, taste, scent, sight; "hawk's eye", intensified pain
· Multiple ER visits/hospital stays...
This is Angel she is now 16 years old, She was an active young girl until a cheer leading accident. That has lead her to some big diagnosis that are hard to get help and find a way to live with. She has many diagnosis Chiari, Dysautonomia, Pots, Scoliosis, CCI,Dysphagia EDS,Mast Cell Activation,Tethered Cord syndrome and Periodic Paralysis.
Everyday is a fight for Angeliana as she has many issues that can go wrong. Her autonomic nervous system does not work properly. She has to use medical equipment on most days.
Now she in in ICU and the hospital is trying to send her out to a bigger hospital that could possibly help her. The family has no money as dad is laid off and mom cares for daughter.
So if you find it in your heart to help no matter how big or small this family would be greatly appreciated. Help us get this young lady medical help and some what of a life back by getting her to the right doctors.
All prayers, shares and passing this around to everyone you know is appreciated. God bless you all.
DonationsSee top donations
- Kaitlyn Papke
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more