Andrew's Fight Against MS

When Andrew was just 37 years old, he was struck down with the cruel and debilitating disease that is MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS, this was in 2009.  He and his lovely wife Janine had only been married 10 years and between them had 5 beautiful children ranging in ages from 12 to 22.  They had bought Janine's Mothers home just before she passed away to make this their family home.  Andrew was a young fit active man who enjoyed sports and the outdoors which included lawn bowls, soccer, coaching soccer, and fishing in his boat.  Both Janine and Andrew worked full time to provide for their family.  

Andrew's diagnosis came as a huge shock and left the family completely heart broken.  Unfortunately, Andrew has the worse kind of MS you can get which is Primary Progressive MS and within 18 months Andrew had to give up his job, sell the family home, sell the boat, the family motor home, his motor bike and everything he enjoyed and had worked so hard for, in order for his family to survive and to continue to pay for their children's education.  On top of this he also had to learn how to live in a wheel chair and have his independence completely robbed of him. It wasnt too long before Janine also had to give up work to be Andrew's full time carer.  

Unfortunately, Andrew's MS and health has continued to deteriorate to the point where there is not enough help or care or funding for him to be able to stay in the family home and he now has no choice but to be placed in an Aged Care Home / Nursing Home, at the young age of just 45.  To which he now has 85% of his pension taken from him and the other 15% taken for medical supplies.   Andrew spent 3 months in a public hospital bed until being forced into Aged Care.  This is completely heart breaking for this young family.

It is also a huuuuge financial burden on Andrew and his beautiful wife and kids.   They need our support and every cent counts.  All they want is for Andrew to receive the best quality care available and to be able to enjoy their quality time together as a family.   Creating this Go Fund Me Page is our last resort at being able to help them in some small way.  Please share this around as much as you can, and dig deep and help us get the best possible care for Andrew and his family whilst they fight this cruel debilitating disease!  xxxxooo

Donations

 See top
  • Bridgewater High School  
    • $117 
    • 34 mos
  • Sean Fahy 
    • $100 
    • 36 mos
  • Warwick Konopacki 
    • $500 
    • 36 mos
  • F Carmichael 
    • $20 
    • 36 mos
  • Carly Hyland 
    • $15 
    • 38 mos
See all

Organizer

Bek Thorpe 
Organizer
North Hobart, TAS
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more