But now, it has returned. The latest prognosis is that it has returned to her liver and bones.. Why, Lord, why? Amy has her bad days, but, chemo has started again, and some days are really tough, some tougher than others.
Cancer is a mother. But, we know the Father. The one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. He is giving Amy an amazing story to tell, yet, we embrace her in her suffering.
If you know the Zimmerman's, you know they do not want to ask for help, and it was my prayer that they did not want to disown me as a friend for considering a GoFundMe initiative. If you do not know the exorbitant costs of experiencing cancer, let me give you a few facts:
- people with cancer are three times more likely to face bankruptcy
- a single cancer drug can cost as much as $300,000 per year
- 25% of cancer patients will stop taking life-saving medications, due to financial distress.
- Even those with the best insurance find that their own non-insured costs are exceedingly astronomical.
- Many oncologists are now moving to a cash-only system, believing that they can charge a more nominal fee to the patient, rather than going through the debacle of health care insurers.
- For more detail, simply Google "cancer patients bankruptcy"
Dear friends, one cancer episode will drain most families. Round 2 is going to be financially difficult...our friends need our help. I know from what they have had to pay already, and a best guess of their future payments, that $40k would be a great start to help them keep their heads above water.
Pray, and pray some more. But, if you have ever asked yourself, "what else can I do?" here is your opportunity.
DonationsSee top donations
- Greg Norman
- Laura & Joe Oktavec
- Jessica Smith
- Renee & Steve Gottschalk
- Greg Norman
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more