100 Humans of the Outdoors
My name is Tommy Corey, and I'm an LGTBQ+ Mexican-American photographer whose creative endeavors focus on diversity, inclusion and accessibility in the outdoors. I am working on a coffee table book that will feature portraits and short stories of 100 different humans from all realms of the outdoor industry, including sports, recreation and professions. My goal is to not just show the diversity in people who love the outdoors but show the beautifully unique ways these people connect to Mother Nature, protect outdoor spaces, find belonging and create community for others. I want anyone to pick up this book, flip through the pages and be able to see themselves represented outside because the outdoors are for everyone.
What your money will go to:
1. Payments - It's important to me to pay my subjects for this publication. Reaching this goal means I could pay the 100 subjects $500 each = $50,000 -
2. Travel expenses - Flights, gas, rental cars, lodging. The featured humans live all over the United States and Canada, and I will need to travel to where each one lives or feels the most home in the outdoors.
3. Food - For a full day of photographing each subject.
4. Film development - I am returning to my roots and shooting a big part of this project on my Olympus OM-1, the camera I have used since I was 12 years old. I will need additional funds for rolls of film and film processing.
5. Materials - Any additional props or clothing for creating the photographs.
DonationsSee top donationsSee top
Become the first supporter
Your donation matters
GoFundMe protects your donation
We guarantee you a full refund for up to a year in the rare case that fraud occurs. See our GoFundMe Giving Guarantee.