WELCOME TO ALIVE NOW
It’s time to create a unique programme for young people... a programme that aims to disrupt the current status quo of s*x education; by providing a guided space and a holistic inquiry into what makes young people come ALIVE; their passions, challenges, joys and pains - in life, in relationships AND in s*xuality.
Where s*x is unapologetically part of life, not separate from how we think, feel and relate with ourself and the world around us.
Over the last year, myself, Natalie Peire and an amazing team of experienced facilitators, Komala Lyra, Sebastien Reco, Arun Thompson & Matt Barlow have come together to create a 5 week programme that does exactly that, and we are asking for your support to get this meaningful work out into the world.
THE CURRENT STORY
The current understanding and education of s*xuality and intimacy is painfully outdated.
Schools are ill-equipped to provide anything meaningful, conversations with parents remain eternally embarrassing, and young adults say porn is their main source of s*x education. Clearly something needs to change.
There is so much fear and shame connected to s*xuality. Unfortunately, s*x is one of the greatest taboos in the world. And the source of an exhausting amount of stress and insecurity, especially for young people. But s*xuality IS life. And if you are ashamed to speak about and express your s*xuality, then you’re suppressing your aliveness, your joy and your freedom.
And f*ck, we need people who are fully alive NOW, more than ever...
THIS IS OUR MISSION
AliveNow is for the young and curious. We have created a groundbreaking programme that is authentic and empowering for young people, supporting them to explore big questions and individual expressions. We make self-inquiry tools relatable with weekly themes, daily questions of provocation, and creative exploration. These tools will support them to have greater confidence in themselves, as well as a platform to share their experiences and learn from each other. Our aim is to empower our audience to create a more connected global community, where s*xuality is included; exploring the topics that normally go unspoken, and providing resources for young people to become beacons for a better world.
It is our vision is to ensure our young people feel seen, heard, and encouraged. From our online content to group forums, from the inspiring international community, to our future in-person events, we seek to provide an expansive space for young people to belong to, where they can discover who they are and who they are becoming!
THE 5 PILLARS OF THE ALIVE NOW COURSE
AliveNow is our foundational course, the 5 week online structure has weekly themes, daily questions of provocation, and creative tasks to complete at home. We aim to enable young people to explore the full spectrum of themselves and their humanness. This foundational course will support their self-discovery with some integral tools for life that they didn’t learn in school.
WEEK 1 : ALIVENESS | WEEK 2 : CREATIVE EXPRESSION | WEEK 3 : RELATIONSHIPS | WEEK 4 : S*XUALITY | WEEK 5 : INTEGRATION
WHO WE ARE
Komala, Sebastien, Natalie, Arun & Matt. Our team has a vast experience in education, therapeutics, leading international group workshops, personal development and s*xuality education.
Please watch our video to get to know us better!
WHAT WE HAVE DONE SO FAR
Step 1: Ideation & Initial Research
- Created a vision for the programme
- Conducted research questionnaires with 30+ teens
- Ran a Zoom based Pilot group consisting of an awesome group of 13-19 year olds
Step 2: Course Development & Design
- Designed a profound and accessible 5 week course based on research
- Workshopped different time frames and logistics
- Developed the first website and Forum page
- Raised an initial E5,000 to cover preliminary expenses
Step 3: Content Creation & Filming
- Flew out to Portugal to work together in person
- Spent an enjoyable and hardworking week filming the programme content ourselves
- Paid for a sound recordist to join us for a selection of the shoots
Step 4: Editing & Finalising Digital Presence
- Spent 2 months editing most of the content
- Building out the final design and content for the website
- Reaching out to inspiring collaborators for our Forum
Next Steps - Step 5 : Raising Funds & Public Launch
- Beginning Gofundme campaign - August to Sept
- Promoting ALIVENOW publicly and collecting interest for launch (TBC: Oct 2021/Jan 2022)
- Finalise content editing, structures of running the programme and digital systems
- Promotion & scheduling date for programme beginning
- Delivering first programme
There is a lot more to do, and a lot of work gone into the programme. This work is happening and we would love your support.
(The team filming in Portugal May 2021)
WHAT YOUR DONATION WILL GO TOWARDS
- Website development
- Branding and marketing
- Editing Costs for all the videos
- Sound production for all the videos
- Team Expenses
- Graphic design to support the engagement of the content
- Social Media & TickTok expert
- Scholarships for youth to join the programme
IF WE SUPASS OUR TARGET:
- Part and full scholarships for teens who are unable to make the full contribution but are inspired and motivated to participate in the course.
- Hiring a professional film crew, and recording a high quality version of the programme content.
- AND your money will also go towards the research and development of a Mobile App so youth will be able to access the full course through their mobile phones and share their creativity directly to social platforms
Thank you for reading our page.
AliveNow is a young person’s guide to making waves in the world and we hope you support our mission to add your energy to our wave! All donations will be extremely appreciated and help us spread the word!
To register your interest on behalf of a young person to join the programme, please send your contact details to [email redacted]
COLLABORATE WITH US
If you have something you would want to share, or join the team as a creative collaborator please reach out to us, we are looking for Copywriters, Illustrators, Animators, Sound Editors and Programmers: [email redacted]
Are you an investor? Do you believe in our mission? With greater investment we could have huge impact, reaching more people, in a bigger and better way. If you are interested in speaking more about investments to support us to develop a Mobile App and our Team, please contact Natalie directly on, [email redacted] I would be pleased to speak with you.
- Aurelie Zilber
- Mélanie Mulazzi
- Aaron Kleinerman
- Xavier Arias Seguí