The Alabama Interfaith Refugee Partnership envisions a world where all refugees and asylum seekers find safety and live with dignity. We need your help to make that a reality in Birmingham.
Help ALIRP support refugees and asylum seekers both here in Birmingham and around the globe by making a donation today. No matter the amount, your contribution will help us reach our $30,000 goal.
ALIRP is an interfaith group of laypersons, clergy, and community organizations that have come together to help refugees and asylum seekers in light of the current global refugee crisis. ALIRP does not engage in any proselytizing or the promotion of any particular religion or political affiliation. Our goal is to support refugees and asylum seekers locally and globally by:
- Educating the community and elected officials about the current refugee crisis and refugee resettlement process;
- Advocating for policies addressing the root causes of the refugee crisis and increasing U.S. support for refugees; and
- Providing direct support for refugees and asylum seekers in the US and in the Birmingham community.
We offer three levels of support to our partners, or the refugee and asylum-seeking individuals and families we serve:
- Full support, which involves financial support (rent, food, health care, and legal expenses) as well as volunteer care team support (food delivery, transportation, English tutoring, etc.)
- Partial support, including some financial support and volunteer care team support when specific needs arise
- Volunteer care team support only (as needed and according to family needs)