Since 2014 our small, dedicated team has tracked more than 51,000 locally alleged civilian deaths. Now Airwars urgently needs your support to better reveal the devastating and under-reported toll that modern war has on the most vulnerable.
Airwars is a not for profit organisation which gives a voice to civilians on the ground, advocating on their behalf with governments and militaries. That means we won’t take money from those directly involved in the conflicts we monitor. We rely instead on a small number of major donors - and on public generosity - to help fund our critical work monitoring civilian harm in six conflict nations, alongside our wider educational and advocacy work.
Despite significant impact, our budget remains tiny. Now, during this holiday season, we’re asking for your help in raising at least £20,000, to enable us to continue our research and investigations into civilian casualties. Here’s how your donations will be spent:
- We’re now expanding our conflict monitoring to US counter terrorism strikes in Yemen, Somalia and Pakistan. Your donation will help us bring up to Airwars standards more than 1,200 historical event records, and introduce local language monitoring of these secretive wars.
- Syria’s civilians still face deadly threats from Russian, Turkish and US-led Coalition strikes. We need your support so we can track the violence - and hold international belligerents to account.
- Our Libya team continues to track all parties to the violence, domestic and foreign, in a worsening civil war. Your donation will help us ensure the plight of Libyan civilians is properly heard.
- Our investigations team is a key part of our work - whether they’re geolocating a strike, or researching a civilian harm claim for a media partner. Better resources will significantly improve our impact.
- Our advocacy team engages on behalf of civilians with those militaries and governments involved in the wars we track. With your generous help we can be even more effective.
Your donation today will help Airwars continue its vital work on behalf of civilians caught up in wars.
Cover photo: Displaced civilians near Mosul, May 2017. (Maranie R. Staab)
DonationsSee top donations
- James Foley
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more