FIRE DESTROYS ALL - help Sam & Mike

What a horrible way to start the new year... Samantha and her new hubby, Mike, were away for the holiday weekend when they got a call with terrible news.  Their apartment building Superintendent told them that they and the 11 other families lost everything they owned in a fire. Even Sam's wedding dress and presents they had received were all gone.  (They think it was caused by a cigarette tossed near garbage in the back of the building).  All they have now are the clothes they took with them for the weekend and the 1 car they own. (Sam walks to work).  They are glad to have been away, if they had been home they might not have survived the fire.

There aren't any apartments available close to Sam's work, so they'll need another car.  They are living with their pastor while apartment & car hunting, and getting clothing that was donated to the local Y.  Imagine all the things you would need to replace: food, clothing, furniture, toiletries, kitchen pans, dishes, silverware, glasses, tv, computer the list goes on and on.  Renters insurance will cover only about 50%.

Sentimental items aren't replaceable, but let's help them re-start their new year on a positive note.  Any donation you can give is greatly appreciated.

Donations

 See top
  • Candie Hengemuhle 
    • $50 
    • 39 mos
  • Sushmita Banerjee 
    • $200 
    • 39 mos
  • Ivan Davanzo 
    • $100 
    • 39 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $20 
    • 39 mos
  • Cate Minall 
    • $20 
    • 39 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Brenda Burns 
Organizer
Summit, NJ
Samantha Sandford 
Beneficiary
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more