HELP US START A WORKER-OWNED & CONTROLLED COOPERATIVE of women to provide quality cleaning services using environmentally-friendly cleaning products that support the health of workers, our customers and the environment. We are a group of 12 women striving for a better life for our families and the community. Donate now to help us take advantage of a great opportunity.
We've just been accepted into the Coop Academy, an intensive 5-month long business boot camp for cooperative start-ups. We're thrilled to be part of it and are looking forward to the 100+ hours of training and coaching we'll be getting through the course. We’re also excited about the incredible mix of technical support services such as business plan creation, legal incorporation, graphic design, and website development that's included as well. The Coop Academy is run by Green Worker Cooperatives, an experienced and influential cooperative development group in the Bronx dedicated to creating a green and democratic economy through worker cooperatives. Your donation will help to cover our registration in the course and will make it possible for us to hit the ground running by next winter.
Why We're Doing It
Together, we’ve got 79 years of professional cleaning experience. We know from our experience that the cleaning industry is full of lousy overpriced service that uses exploited labor. We also know that we can provide better quality cleaning at affordable rates while treating each other with the respect we deserve. So we have decided to combine our knowledge and strength to reduce poverty in our community and improve our lives. The services we provide will be offered in our community for our community.
How We Will Use Your Money
Your donation goes directly towards covering our team’s $6,100 registration fee for the Coop Academy ($600 per team member for 12 people, minus low-income discounts). Any amount raised above our goal will go towards incorporation and filing fees and domain name & web hosting fees.
Who We Are
We are 12 women who live in the Northern Manhattan neighborhoods of Washington Heights & Inwood in New York City.
1. Maria Arias has 25 years of experience in the use of all kinds of chemicals and bio-products, cleaning houses, apartments and offices in Ecuador and in the state of New York.
2. Mariana Portoviejo has cleaned apartments in the state of New York for over 15 years.
3. Mappy Rocha has 10 years of experience and in-depth understanding of the different cleaning products on the market and their use on various surfaces. Experience: Offices, studios, lofts, apartments, town houses and houses in the state of New York.
4. Cinda Rocha also has 10 years experience and in-depth understanding of the different cleaning products on the market and use on various surfaces. Experience: Offices, studios, lofts, apartments, town houses and houses in the state of New York.
6. Ana Cajamarca has been cleaning houses and offices in the state of New York for 5 years.
7. Ana Escalante has a little over 3 years experience cleaning in factories, offices, houses and apartments in the state of New York and New Jersey. She has several certificates of New York State-sponsored "Green Cleaning Courses" programs.
8. Maria Ramos has 3 years of experience cleaning houses in the state of New York.
9. Maria Vizhñay has over three years of experience cleaning houses in the state of New York.
10. Nelly Alvarado has 2 years experience cleaning offices in the state of New York.
11. Lydia Jara has less than 1 year of experience in the cleaning of apartments in the state of New York.
12. Oliva Alvarado has spent the past few years experimenting with various chemical and environmentally-responsible cleaning products in her own home. She’s been motivated by the desire to keep her own family healthy and free of allergies.