Here's what happened:
- Bus hit Adam and he fell
- Front wheels of the bus ran over Adam's legs
- Breaks Adam's right ankle and left femur
Adam was rushed the the hospital where he went through surgeries to reconstruct and repair the damage! Currently he is going through some rehab and therapy while in the hospital.
What's the plan?
As Adam's time is Korea is coming to a close, this incident will make coming home increasingly difficult. Adam may have to spend the next several weeks to months in a wheelchair. His family back home plan to:
- Send 1-2 family members to assist in packing up his apartment
- Provide basic living assistance
- Mailing his items home
- Helping Adam through the airport and on the airplane
Adam (Left) Stefani, sister (Center) Ian, brother (Right)
What are our challenges?
Having 2 broken legs makes packing up life pretty darn challenging. There is only a short window between Adam finishing his teaching and the expiration of his work visa. A ton of work is required like making a bank transfer, mailing 5 years of possessions and traveling.
What are we using the funds for?
The goal is to assist in the cost that changed due to the medical condition.
- The first allocation of donations will go to sending a family member or two. As of this writing the cost is exactly $4,172. Unfortunately for our situation the 2018 Olympics sent the prices of all flights skyrocketing.
- From the airport the family support member will travel by bus to his location
- A wheelchair for the airplane travel for Adam
- Incidentals expenses related to having to travel with 2 broken legs
- Upgrading Adam's seat during the flight for extra leg room.
Total needed help: $6,378.08
Join the Journey
Adam needs your help! Please support your friend in this time of need!
We will be updating supporters regularly on Adams progress and the trip details. Even on the trip we will give real time updates on his progress!
Adam and Grace
DonationsSee top donations
- Chuck & Beth Shepherd
- Tom Laine
- Judy Tran
- Robert Weiss
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more