My dad and his wife Lori lost their home on Saturday afternoon due to an accidental fire. They were not inside the home when this happened. Their neighbors had called them and the police to let them know what was going on. They retrieved the two dogs and the two cats that were trapped inside the house (the animals are also ok, just shook). There were not many salvageable items in their home. The investigator informed us that any food, drinks or medication should not be used due to the heat, fumes, and the chemicals used to put out the fire.
This couple is the most generous couple I have ever known. They would give the shirts off their own backs to make anyone feel at home and never expect anything in return. Their home was open to any family or friend that needed somewhere to go.
Unfortunately, that was all taken from them a couple weeks away from Christmas. This will be a long road for the two of them and their fur babies. Please help us get them back on their feet sooner..
Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers! Together we can all help them get through this. No matter how big or small the effort, we can all help.