On Sunday, August 12th we met up with a breeder from Craigslist. We instantly fell in love with this cute little pug. When we got home that night she started throwing up, and wouldn’t eat anything. We all assumed she was in distress from leaving her other family. The next day she wouldn’t eat, and all she was doing was sleeping. Monday, August 13th we decided to take her to get a check up. Shortly during the exam our puppy was diagnosed with Parvo. We informed the breeder about the situation and she ignored our calls and texts. We decided to take our puppy to an emergency veterinary specialist. The doctor explained that Kota would need to be hospitalized for at least two days. We called Wednesday, August 15th to check on her, and they told us Kota needed to stay until August 17th or 18th. We received an update August 17th, that she needed to stay longer. The doctors weren’t sure how much longer she needed. Kota has not been able to eat on her own since before August 12th. She was on a feeding tube, and was being pumped with medicine. She has two different types of parasites in her gi tract. Kota keeps on regurgitating after feedings, and cannot fully keep her food down. Her blood pressure is stable, however her blood sugar does go up and down.
Kota’s medical bills were becoming to expensive, so we decided to take her home August 20th. She is currently on medication at home, and we are feeding her through syringes. We still need to take her to the vet’s office everyday for a checkup. They will replace her fluids, and give her a couple of injections. This process will be $150 every checkup, on top of all the other bills we had to pay.
This is a huge financial hardship for us, and we need any help we can get. Our family has so much love for this beautiful puppy, and we want to see her get better. If there’s anything you can do to help us we would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your donations! Please keep her in your thoughts❤️