Who we are:
The World Rescue Organisation [WRO] is a not-for profit registered charity that was established in 1999 by the coming together of like-minded individuals from Fire & Rescue and Emergency Medical Services [EMS] from different countries across the globe. The Organisations core ethos is to help develop best practice in the area of post-crash rescue and trauma care. The WRO is run by volunteers who give up their time to maintain and develop the organisation, while also offering their expertise to assist in the delivering of training and guidance in their field.
Our aim is to help raise funds for the continued platform of a World Rescue Challenge [WRC] to aid the training, upskilling, and sharing of Knowledge between the statutory and volunteer members from all ranks and backgrounds, from Fire services, EMS, and specialist rescue units to nurses, doctors, surgeons, and specialists in the medical field, on two fronts:
• To run the World Rescue Challenge [Virtual] to provide a working platform for cascading best practise and training. The WRC challenge see’s teams from across the world compete in an annual event with staged incidents in both Extrication [Crash Rescue] and Trauma. The teams are accessed using a developed marking system based on behavioural indicators which aid both training development and upskilling.
• In parallel, the WRO aims to deliver and maintain an online training program and development through its education and development directorate which is designed as a further aid to disseminate the training and upskilling to a wider audience to enhance the standards of the global network.
In 2019, plans were under way to hold the World Rescue Challenge 2020 in Miami Florida but as we all are too familiar with, Covid 19 put a stop to that, eventually after postponing the event until 2021, that too become a victim to Covid 19 fallout and was with a heavy heart cancelled. The WRO executive recognised that the momentum that had been gained over the past years was at risk of being lost and decided to initiate a plan for a virtual event to maintain the interest and development of the global network.
Why we need your help and support:
• The WRO does not receive any Government funding and relies solely on a small percentage of an entry fee charged for teams entering a WRC.
• Not every country can afford the best equipment, but we can at least provide them with access to the best education and standards.
• Techniques and standards need to be kept up to date as the world around us becomes more sustainable and digitally connected.
• We have an ambition to host teams from developing countries to prepare them for future World Rescue Challenges.
• Above all, the exchange of best practise and knowledge can save lives and dramatically improve long term outcomes.
Having lost two years revenue, the big issue is now to fund the virtual event this November and we are now reaching out to Members, Past and Present, Sponsors and Supporters, Corporates, and Donors to help us by donating to our Go Fund Me request,.....Help us, help others!
Looking forward, we are hopeful the world will return to some form of normality, and we can return to a physical event, with WRC 2022 planned for Luxembourg. We also be looking forward to meeting as we like to call it, the WRO family once again.
Thanks for taking the time to visit our funding page. If you can, please, like, share or donate to help raise funding for our cause.
We look forward to keeping you all updated on our progress
Please add your country name/ flag with your name when you donate! lets see what country leads the way
For more information visit:
Company Registration Number 04583084 [England & Wales] Registered Charity Number 1100525
DonationsSee top donations
- Luxembourg Rescue Organisation
- UKRO - United Kingdom Rescue Organisation
- Dan Zinge
- Steve Cole
- James Parker-Brown - Packexe
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more