Help the family of William Jeong

*Update August 27, 2018*
Just a reminder that my dad's memorial service is two days away. Service starts at the Newall Chapel at Cypress Lawn 1383 El Camino Real, Colma, CA at 10am on Wednesday August 29th, 2018. Seating is limited, so please arrive early.

*Update August 21, 2018*
Thank you so much from The Jeong Family to all of you friends, family, and other contributors that have been able to bless us with your donations. I've gotten so many words of how my dad, Bill, has touched your lives and I've even heard stories that were new to me from people that he had contact with. For myself, I loved hearing how he loved my photography work, but I never heard or at least don't recall hearing it from his mouth and it is a great testament to hear it coming from someone else. As you know, we will continue to be receiving donations after my father's memorial service, I had no idea what final expenses were going to cost, but soon realized that the cost far exceeded my expectations; this doesn't even include the medical costs. So with a huge big, "Thank  you", I want to thank you all for your support. Every bit helps and my dad would have loved to see who really cared about him. May God bless you all.

*Original Post*
William Jeong was a beloved husband to Sharon, father of two to Cynthia and Michael. He was a son of two immigrant Chinese parents who owned and ran a liquor/grocery store on Broadway St. and was the eldest of three brothers (William, Kenneth, and Arthur). William, also known to many as Bill, loved to help others. He sometimes focused on serving others first rather than himself and his own family.

William went to school at Washington Irving E.S., Francisco Jr.H.S., Galileo H.S. and Cal Poly SLO. After his schooling William started his career at PG&E for many years. He worked hard and often went in to work bright and early and came home late. While at PG&E he wore many hats. He always wanted to learn something different and new and so he worked on rotation of different jobs at the company, so that he could be knowledgeable and well rounded. Eventually he retired with the company. While retired, William sought to find something to fill his time. William joined the American Red Cross as a full-time volunteer and reported daily to the office. There he met so many wonderful people that made him smile and he enjoyed being in their presence.

William's favorite past time was to listen and watch drum and bugle corps exhibitions and competitions. And for a short while he used to play the mellophone and trumpet. William always loved to hear stories, he always enjoyed a good laugh, enjoyed Chinese chopped spareribs with fermented bean curd, salt and pepper squid, a good pan fried pork chop, and other various savory dishes. William also sacrificed his time and weekends driving Sharon around to different places for her to meet up with friends to do arts and crafts.

Over the many years of his life, William had always been supportive of his children and was active with their school's Parent Teacher Association. He also was an active board member with Chinese for Affirmative Action, member of the Red Cross, and an advocate for SFFD NERT (Neighborhood Emergency Response Team). William also dedicated part of his life with Self Help for the Elderly, part of the usher team at San Francisco Bible Church (SFBC), and for a period of time he taught Junior High Sunday School class at SFBC. William volunteered with the Santa Clara Vanguards Drum and Bugle Corps Cadets and was also one of seven founding members of the SF Renegades Drum and Bugle Corps.

In late June, William felt very weak and ill. His son, Michael, drove William and wife, Sharon, to the Emergency Room, where William was admitted into the hospital. He stayed overnight in the hospital ward for about a week for several tests, but deteriorated rapidly and was admitted to the ICU where he spent an additional two weeks of his remaining life. While at Kaiser, William was visited by many family and friends and often made him happy. William loved being around people and for him to be amongst family and friends is probably the best way to leave. When people spoke with him he was able to smile and talk minimally, but as time progressed, William could only acknowledge by opening his eyes, slightly move his hands, and nod or shake his head. William went home to be with the Lord at 1:13am on Friday, July 20th, 2018.

William never planned for his death and because he avoided this very topic, planning has become rather difficult. This GoFundMe is to help raise funds for final arrangements/expenses and medical costs that William had incurred while at Kaiser. If William has ever touched your life in any way, please consider donating to the family. Also, if you prefer a more traditional way of donating please contact a family member. Thank you.
  • Anonymous 
    • 100 $ 
    • 50 mos
  • God Bless You 
    • 20 $ 
    • 50 mos
  • Tyler Shimada 
    • 20 $ 
    • 50 mos
  • Ray Young 
    • 25 $ 
    • 51 mos
  • Ken Ridings 
    • 100 $ 
    • 51 mos
See all


Michael Jeong 
San Francisco, CA

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily.

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about.

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the  GoFundMe Giving Guarantee.