House Fire - Mia & Wayne Morris



On 11/28/17 at around 1am my sister’s house caught fire.

Everybody was asleep.  My nephew David heard a loud noise running up his bedroom wall. He ran downstairs, saw the fire, and was able to wake everybody up to get out of the house.

By the grace of God, Mia & Wayne, and my nephews, David, Jack and Josh made it safely outside. All of their pets are alive too.

Unfortunately, they are left with only the clothes on their backs. They lost everything and do NOT have renters insurance.

I can only imagine how they must be feeling right now and the difficult days they have ahead of them. 

Any donations made will go directly to the Morris family’s basic needs, and will be GREATLY appreciated by all of them.

25712172_1511867603.0685_funddescription
  • Diane Nelson 
    • $250 
    • 43 mos
  • Ric & Connie Smyder 
    • $50 
    • 45 mos
  • Christoph Ritterson 
    • $250 
    • 45 mos
  • Mary Miller 
    • $200 
    • 45 mos
  • Rhonda Dzurko 
    • $50 
    • 45 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Gia Caretto Jaskula 
Organizer
Plainfield, IL
Alexander Jaskula 
Beneficiary
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more