In March 2010, God provided a way for me to spend 10 days in Israel and to celebrate Easter at the empty tomb in Jerusalem, worshipping our risen Lord Jesus Christ with people from the nations!
During that trip I sought the Lord and asked Him, "Lord Jesus, what is my calling?"
The answer that I received clearly was from Ezekiel 3, "Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the House of Israel, whenever you hear a word from my mouth, you shall give them warning from me."
For the last 3 years I have prayed and fasted for discernment into the Scriptures in Ezekiel 3 and in numerous ways have been directed toward Israel in particular and the Middle East more broadly.
This summer I will be partnering with SERVE Nazareth in order to come alongside the body of Christ in Nazareth, Israel from June 1st through August 30th.
I want to invite you to join with me in participating with God's work in Israel this summer! Details are below.
Purposes of Mission Trip
1) Complete cross cultural internship requirement for Asbury Theological Seminary
2) Come alongside the church in various capacities in Nazareth
3) Exploratory/vision casting trip discerning call to global mission, particularly to the Middle East
4) Strengthening current relationships with Arabic Christians and seeking to expand network of contacts
5) Coming alongside and serving houses of prayer in Israel in my 'off-work' time
6) Cultivating relationships with Muslims and Jews in the hopes of engaging in inter-faith dialogue
7) If I perceive that it is safe, I will be slipping down into Egypt for 2 weeks at the end of August to connect with friends who are working with the persecuted church outside of Cairo
Costs for Mission Trip
· Program Costs w/ SERVE Nazareth (Which includes cultural and language training, room/board for 3 months, transportation, weekly mentor meeting discussing spiritual, cross cultural, and ethnic reconciliation) -- $3500 per person (Mary Beth and I)
· Visa and International Health Insurance -- $500
· Asbury Theological Seminary cross cultural internship cost plus materials -- $1800
· To/From Airfare (I am hoping that someone with Delta Air Miles can donate miles to purchase the ticket) --$1200-$1700 per ticket (Mary Beth and I)
· Incidental Costs (ministry expenses outside of SERVE Nazareth- working with houses of prayer throughout Israel, building relationships with Arabic and Palestinian Christians, as well as with local Jews and Muslims --$1000
· Travel down to Egypt to connect with Christians outside of Cairo -- $1000 per person (Mary Beth and I)
Will you to join with me in participating with God's work in Israel this summer?
DonationsSee top donations
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more