Please support a Loving Fathers recovery

1787712_1407238[phone redacted]_app.png

1787712_1424280[phone redacted]_app.png
Randy is my husband and loving father of five beautiful girls. He was a helicopter maintenance technician for the U.S Naval Test Pilot School which he is very proud of. Unfortunately, at 32 years old we suddenly found out he had cancer. Turned out to be stage 4 squamous cell carcinoma with an unknown primary that attacked his lymph system…a rare cancer according to the doctors.  He had his first biopsy August 2013 , confirming he had #Cancer. So treatment started….aggressive chemotherapy coupled with radiation therapy which went on for 4 months. Then the waiting period to see if it worked. During this time we purchased a home so he could be closer to work (he was commuting 2.5hrs one way every day to go to work) thinking that the worst was behind us because he was regaining his strength and feeling so much better.  Then the follow up PET scan and MRI results came out on his birthday May 20th so we were sure it was good news and……BAM! Cancer has become more aggressive and has spread to the nasopharynx. So, naturally we were in disbelief and set out for a second opinion. Then it set in when the results were confirmed Randy was crushed but eager to find out what to do next to fight this terrible disease.

 So, it started again but this time they found that the primary was actually in the nasopharynx area in the form of a tumor that was sitting on the carotid artery so surgery wasn’t an option. So, round 2 of chemotherapy and this time concentrated cyber knife radiation. This time around Randy got really sick. Then the follow up came and more bad news. Randy almost gave up but the love for his daughters gave him the strength to keep fighting. This time it was different there were a team of doctors comprised of the heads of their departments within Georgetown University Hospital in DC. They were convinced that they could get it this time with a combination of surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation. We agreed and Randy went on to have a bilateral neck dissection and another round of aggressive chemotherapy and radiation. Now the follow up…….finally no sign of disease at this time which was given the week before Christmas last year. Then the week after Christmas Randy all of a sudden was unable to swallow well and in the days following his speech began to slur.

 The doctors said its delayed effects of radiation. Now Randy has lost the use of hid right vocal cords and his tongue is paralyzed on the right side and now he will never be able to eat solid food for the rest of his life. He had been out of work since last August but was had a little income from short term disability insurance. In January he had to force himself to return to work in an extremely light duty capacity because the company he worked for lost their contract with the Navy and of course he had to be at work in order to be offered a position with the new company taking over. So he started with the new company and continued to work in the same light duty capacity then BAM! He got sick at work and tried to come home…. He passed out and had an accident around the corner from our home. Then a week later he passed out at home and hurt his shoulder. We went to the hospital they admitted him and did CT scans, x-rays, MRI, and an EEG. All normal but they decided that Randy should not return to work due to these conditions until September. So he put in for short term disability and started out for second opinion.

 Short term disability was denied because of preexisting conditions so he’s been on leave without pay ever since March. The doctors finally figured out that due to all of the radiation he received the carotid artery isn’t working as it should and not providing enough blood flow to the brain. So when he stands up from a sitting position or getting up from tying his shoes or even walking up stairs he becomes faint. The doctors are afraid that he may never be able to recover from this rendering him disabled. But, they gave Randy a year to see what happens before calling it “Disabled”.  So now he will be out of work until April 2016 providing that he recovers from the extreme damage done by radiation therapy.

Randy was our only source of income since we moved from Haymarket, VA where I worked at Battlefield High School and now of course I am unable to work because he needs round the clock observation. We have been living off of our savings account and the donations provided by you all here on gofundme up to this point and I have to say it’s been a long two and a half years and a long road ahead of us yet so with our diminished savings we are asking for your help to continue the fight and Randy’s recovery. Anything will help and most definitely be appreciated.

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts to all who have, will, and continue to help us and may GOD bless you all.

The Walker Family

1787712_1407239[phone redacted]_app.png

1787712_1407238[phone redacted]_app.png

1787712_1407240[phone redacted]_app.png

  • Desiree Crisostomo 
    • $25 
    • 66 mos
  • Danielle Camacho 
    • $100 
    • 67 mos
  • Terence Warfield 
    • $50 
    • 67 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $20 
    • 68 mos
  • Doug Swain 
    • $200 
    • 68 mos
See all


Trish Siongco Walker 
Gainesville, VA
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more