I received a call from Laura, asking if I was still at work and she needed a favor. “My place is on fire, I’m watching it burn as we speak.” My colleagues and I grabbed a couple of drinks and cigarettes and I sped over to their apartment. Once I arrived I immediately reached for the cigarettes and apologized for forgetting a lighter (I don’t smoke) and Laura joked stating “it’s ok! I have a fire right over there, I’ll just use that!” Oh Laura..
We waited over 3 hours until the fire inspector came to interview them regarding the possible cause of the fire, then left for the hotel. On the way to the hotel it started to sink in, and although it seemed unreal, the shock was very real. At 5am and just 6.5 miles later, we arrived to the Hyatt.
This STRONG family has lost EVERYTHING.For everyone that knows Laura, you know it is not in her nature (not even in her vocabulary,) to ask for help. She would never want to risk inconveniencing someone, or seem needy. They literally have their car keys, her phone and their passports. That’s it. This is where the rest of her family (you all) needs to come in, we need to help them stay STRONG and keep their heads high! Anything will help this family restart! Please share this page, like it when you see a friend post it on Facebook, spread the word to your colleagues, share the link to your neighborhood pages, every person and every like and every share will help this family to stay STRONG and become STRONGER. Thank you for your prayers and time!
- Victoria Hernandez
- Alexandra Preston
- Maria De Jesus
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more