As a lot of you may already know my brother's apartment burned down last night. Everything he owned for the most part was in that apartment. His clothes, which for his job are very important, furniture, tv, dishes, computer, wallet, and every Christmas gift he got just to name a few. We as a family are supportive and will help any way we can. Most importantly we're so thankful of course that he made it out alive, and most likely saved others in the apartment complex.
Details...While he was watching the Ohio state game he smelled smoke and went into his kitchen, opened closet door and smelled more smoke coming through, looked out balcony and saw flames shooting out of neighbors apartment , he immediately alerted his roommate to get out. He called 911, and ran out, pulled the fire alarm , and ran to others doors knocking and yelling for them to get out, he ran to safety and stood to watch eveything he owned be burned down. This all happened within ten minutes after 911 call. No one was injured,thankfully.
Wanted you all to know that I'm so proud of my brother for trying to help others before worrying about his belongings but he will need some help replacing the things he lost. Many have asked how they could help and any little bit would help him so I thought this would be easiest way to do it.
- Jean McDonald
- Ashley Roberts
- kris anderson
- Anne BOUCHER
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more